Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    11/22/2004 3:46pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bram Frank and CSSDSC...

Ran across his website. Anyone have any experience/info about this guy? I've heard his name before, but can't remember if it was in a good way or a bad way. Sniffing major Bullshido odors...check out "The Modular System...Learn in Six - Teach in Twelve". Seriously, a non-player can start teaching in 12 hours? Lament...the hours I have wasted!!!

EDIT: Check out the 1st Commandment on the Ten Commandments page. "...over a million years the principle has stayed the same." - uh, has mankind and its forebears been using knives that long? If we have, I'm gonna go kick my anthro prof's ass for teaching me some untrue ****.

NEW EDIT: Nevermind, I'm gonna kick my own ass for apparently sleeping in class...homo erectus and his peeps were hacking-and-slashing since at least 1.3 million years back or so. Anyway, back to the original point...anyone have any info on this guy?
    Last edited by poidog; 11/22/2004 4:01pm at .
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/22/2004 4:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Firearms, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard the name too but I dunno nothing about Bram. Looks like he is a Modern Arnis guy. There's a lack of FMA topics here recently so I'm gonna look into this.
    "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2004 6:54pm

Style: Russian-Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He train with Mr. Scott Sonnon and go to Leningrad with him. Russians say Mr. Bram Frank is cold steel expert.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2004 8:10am

Style: Liu Seong Kuntao, Baguazh

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Not McDojo

I think the guy is legit. I know a couple of guys that have embraced the modular system, and it seems to be pretty easy to pick up. The focus is on simplicity gross motor movement. I've seen a little of his video material, and he seems to take that approach with everything he presents.

A lot of thought went into his gunting folder as well. I've had my buddies do some pressure point and control techniques with a gunting trainer. It works. Seeing is believing.

BC

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    11/23/2004 2:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Gunting is the stupidest knife design ever.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2004 5:32pm

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've met Bram Frank. Had a class with him at a seminar a couple of years ago. His concepts might work for some. I know some people, mainly LEO's, who just love it. Personally, I prefer the knife as a lethal force tool, period.
    Re: Gunting. I have one. It is a little on the gumpy side. Rides WAY too high in the pocket. I also prefer folders with a 3.5-four inch blade. I find them better for utility, which is of course what we use knives for 99.9999999% of the time.

Just my two cents, of course.