Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    123
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You must fight your Uncle in a bare knuckle NHB match to the death obviously.

    He has questioned your style has he not? And you his?

    But watch out, once you kill your Uncle, yes you can force his now two bastard children into whatever style you feel is best for them.

    But they will seek revenge after witnessing you karate chop their father to death in front of their tiny eyes.

    Good luck, you have chosen a long road to walk.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,004
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd mention the fact that if his kids ever need to use martial arts, they're not going to want to be in the habit of pulling back.

  3. #13
    Meex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    2,998
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your uncle's cool. . .two kids 10 & 11. . .in his 50s. . .is his wife 25? 28? 30?

    `~/

    btw - aikido is a great babysitter for them.

  4. #14
    Te No Kage!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,139
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm with DCS..... kids may be a little too young for Aikido, but if he's going to do Aikido then at least steer him to the Tomiki place as it's a little more like Judo, more free sparring, etc.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

    Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    231
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    Little kids don't need a "gentle" art that teaches "harmony", they need to tire themselves out. Judo would be great for them. I mean, if they start sparring in Karate and go to school with bruises... bad news for the parents. = But Judo is great.

    Ask him to fight you. If his TKD is so great, he should be able to take you out. He doesn't have to go full power in your "opening", hitting you at 50% to your "opening" should be enough, right?

    PL

    Quote Originally Posted by Te No Kage!
    I'm with DCS..... kids may be a little too young for Aikido, but if he's going to do Aikido then at least steer him to the Tomiki place as it's a little more like Judo, more free sparring, etc.


    I just found a good Judo school near their place. Shall go and try convincing him again. As for sparring, guess I'll have to wait till his shoulder heals.

    However, I do think that my uncle can fight. My mom related an incident about him to me before. He got into a car accident back when he was still in his teens and he got into a dispute with the other driver, who happened to be one really huge fella. One thing led to another and they soon came to blows. My uncle knocked him out, with his TKD too apparently. Then again, now he's old and slow so shouldn't be a problem. Bwahahaha...


    Quote Originally Posted by Reikon
    I'd mention the fact that if his kids ever need to use martial arts, they're not going to want to be in the habit of pulling back.
    Yup, mentioned that to him. He didn't have a reply for that. :neutral:


    Quote Originally Posted by Meex
    Your uncle's cool. . .two kids 10 & 11. . .in his 50s. . .is his wife 25? 28? 30?

    `~/

    btw - aikido is a great babysitter for them.
    That is TH3 C0RR3CT. He's based in Jakarta and he's trying to get me up there - wants to "show me around." :angel7:

    Eh... I think she's in her mid-30s. My uncle was apparently quite the player in his younger days.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    231
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MantisFistMonk
    You must fight your Uncle in a bare knuckle NHB match to the death obviously.

    He has questioned your style has he not? And you his?

    But watch out, once you kill your Uncle, yes you can force his now two bastard children into whatever style you feel is best for them.

    But they will seek revenge after witnessing you karate chop their father to death in front of their tiny eyes.

    Good luck, you have chosen a long road to walk.

    However, their quest for revenge will fail due to the following reasons:


    1) I teach one child my ice palm, the other my wind fist and keep my tsunami kicks and deadly chi blast-fu to myself.

    2) They both fall in love with my lovely future-daughter and duel each other to death for her hand.


    Bwahahahahahahahahahaha.

  7. #17
    Poop Loops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Americastan
    Posts
    10,025
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And then you marry your own daugther?

    PL

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    231
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe... No.

  9. #19
    Te No Kage!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,139
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kids need Judo
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

    Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

  10. #20
    feedback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    4,082
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MantisFistMonk
    You must fight your Uncle in a bare knuckle NHB match to the death obviously.

    He has questioned your style has he not? And you his?

    But watch out, once you kill your Uncle, yes you can force his now two bastard children into whatever style you feel is best for them.

    But they will seek revenge after witnessing you karate chop their father to death in front of their tiny eyes.

    Good luck, you have chosen a long road to walk.

    Hahaha, best post in thread.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO