Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2004 2:17pm

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Webre on PaxBaculum
    I also think a 6'5 marshmellow should not induce a-dump if one is truly training in a realistic fashion. They should have faced much worse when being trained , so the A-dump wont even kick in......
    That is what I feel. It is my opinion based on my training and life experience. If you have decided on your focus of training , you need to "feild test "it regurally to test its effectiveness, which can be hard if you only deal with guys from your own system or with people that dont want do train it in an unrealistic fashion.......
    "I want you to hit me as hard as you can." :laughing7

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    11/19/2004 4:36pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I cant give details due to Privacy Laws but I can give this real life example. In the course of doing my EMT Clinicals I road along on a call that involved 5 victims. 4 were dead, all were armed. One person made it to the hospital in very critical condition. The scene appeared to be a crackhouse. The victims we were told were known dealers. Violent ones at that. The Badguy was not on scene and at the time who , what and where were unknown.
    That is criminal violence. Is that what you are really training to deal with? "

So...unarmed combat won't let you defeat 5 armed attackers? NOOOO! I'VE BEEN LIVING A LIE!

5 unarmed attackers being killed or injured when storming a house has anything at all to do with unarmed combat? What am I, a house filled with armed people on crack?

And of course he can't provide any real evidence because of "Privacy Laws" [sic]

EDIT:

"I used a bad example for the most part. The reason I chose it because those victims were better armed than I would bet anyone on this board is.
    Plenty of fully auto's were close by. None got the chance to be used, among a dream assortment of other very highpowered weapons. Didnt save a soul......"

BWAH HWAH HWAH HWAH! OK, so I get it. If you're a "bad guy", you automatically win. If you're a "victim", not even "plenty of fully auto's were close by" will save you.

I guess I'd better buy his product, which is clearly more effective than "plenty of fully auto's were close by".

My god, this guy lives in New Orleans, too. Maybe I should, like, challenge him or something. :toothy9:
    Last edited by Wounded Ronin; 11/19/2004 4:38pm at .
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    11/19/2004 7:07pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you do it will be just like Sammy Franco. He will make noises about bringing friends and weapons, because this ain't a game it's a serious fight for survival.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2004 7:09pm

Style: stand up,clinch,ground

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not worth the time to type the challenge

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    11/19/2004 8:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    Gosh, you mean I can't pull guard on a guy in a moving car? Well, there goes my self-defense strategy.
    You can sprawl on guy in a moving car, however.
    Last edited by chaosexmachina; 11/19/2004 10:26pm at .
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    11/19/2004 11:09pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My sprawl can't stop a 125 pound woman, let alone 1500 pounds of moving metal.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    11/26/2004 8:26pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn sprawl-proof women.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    11/26/2004 8:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    My sprawl can't stop a 125 pound woman, let alone 1500 pounds of moving metal.
    Well, it wasn't moving that fast... But it was my instinct to do so. Which is cool.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12