Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 7:18pm

supporting member
     Style: kyoku-shin, boun-shin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "sharp objects get forcefully rammed into peoples faces and hits from behind with heavy objects occur"
    "Thats everyday, everywhere"

So true. Just on my way to work this morning some guy stabbed me through the cheek with a rusty pair of scissors as his buddy slammed a piano into my back.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 7:23pm

supporting member
     Style: kyoku-shin, boun-shin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I've lost ... so many .... boxing brothers ... to guns , knives and other violent deaths"

Yep, kung fu sure does work.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 7:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This conversation makes for an interesting case study of common cliches about "the reality of fighting". Obviously, with the influx of ultimate fighting, we've begun to drift away from the whole "fighting as a neatly choreographed if-then flowchart" and move towards the reality of fighting as messy, messy business. Unfortunately, some folk, in their neverending quest to appear badass, feel it is necessary to one-up everyone by telling us about what THE STREET really is. Typically, there's two major scenarios.

The first is the "Street Fighting Contains Fatalities" school of thought. That is, street fighting isn't just people trying to clumsily punch each other in the face and stomach a lot of times, but rather a goddamned game of Mortal Kombat where the loser has his kidneys torn out. How familiar does this sound?

"No way man, you don't know **** about THE STREET. Man, you get on the fuckin' street, they'll fuckin' tear your intestines out with their enlarged streetfighter claws and feed you your own fuckin' gonads with their shriveled streetfighter palms. That's combat, man, and I'm sorry if that wasn't pretty enough for your little fairy cheesecake lollipop land you've been gorging yourself in for the past ten years while I was out gettin' my ass handed to me by more gooks than I can count with the three fingers I got left."
    The other situation often involves something that isn't even fighting at all, as was the case with "guy stabbing me in the back of my head".

Pff, you call that fighting? More like GAY SEX. REAL fighting involves me using a hypodermic needle to inject you with AIDS while you slept seven years ago.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 7:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boyd, the Nobel committee is trying to reach you.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    2/06/2003 2:13am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. KFDW is developing chest hair. Soon his voice will change.

Dude, never try to impress people on the web with how much you've suffered ... it sounds whiny. I know, it's probably true, but you're not helping yourself.

(board breaks with a kick)
    "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
    -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    2/06/2003 3:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like I give a **** what this group thinks. I try to make a jesture and these **** heads make fun of it. Well **** all of you. I changed my mind. I hope something drastically bad happens to all of you so you'll wake up from your safe little dream.
    Rock Ape is Dickless.

***ned

Posted On:
    2/06/2003 4:39am

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Question. Why the hell are you still here? Thanks bye.

~
    delirious

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    2/06/2003 4:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    answer- **** you too
    Rock Ape is Dickless.

Titan

Posted On:
    2/06/2003 5:36am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awwwwwwwwww, someone's got a temper.

:Quote from Boyd:-

Unfortunately, some folk, in their neverending quest to appear badass, feel it is necessary to one-up everyone by telling us about what THE STREET really is.

Exactly right.

----------------------------------------------------------
    The story of a woman on the morning of a war,
    Remind me if you will exactly what we're fighting for.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    2/06/2003 11:10am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone's got their tradegies. Do you see how you diminish both them and yourself by posting it on a martial arts forum?

(board breaks with a kick)
    "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
    -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast