Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2003 1:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's tight Boyd, I still have bruises from sparring this guy I work with, he's a bif fat mo fo like fricking gilbert brown and I"m like Warrick Dunn. I don't really try to take him down or punch him out, I just let him throw punches at me to better judge how a punch from a heavy person feels like, plus he's a Southpaw so its even better experience wise.

But I use to fight for fun way back in the day before I started any martial arts training, boxing, fist fighting, wrestling shyt like that. Now I'm in America, and that's a bit harder to do here. So I certainly understand where you're coming from.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/03/2003 1:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree w/noodles-sparring is important.

In Wado-Ryu and Kyokushin we were taught to spar controlled, bare knuckle, from white belt first week in class. And we were also taught to go hard, bare knuckle, if the desire and skill was present. (or if you f-cked up and hit a bb too hard, they tended to let you see some of their better techniques-ouch!)

In the Utah Kyokuhsin we split from the traditional ideas and ended up getting gear to go full contact and with various levels of rules and times-lower belts were told to go only to the body, no joint kicks and so forth. Maybe your school could ante up enough for a couple chest protectors, pads, and big gloves and atleast be able to do some hard sparring, without much chance of injury. While wearing heavy gloves avoiding head shots is unrealistic, you still learn to penetrate, defend, take hard shots, and it helps alot aerobically (or rather anaerobically).

and my $.02 on high kicks is that if you train high it's easy to go low, and nidan mawashigeri works (front snap, and if they don't block it, hit 'em, and if they go for the block, flip kick and hips to roundhouse the head) but MORE important is to do it the way they teach it. Every system has their own ideas. ie., the head of Chiroku, the school I'm doing now, insists on sparring with gloves to prevent cracked ribs-so I wear them-and I don't point out that the shuto that broke my nose in class was a matter of loss of control, and was not prevented by the padding on the knuckles-I just lay there bleeding and told the other guy no problem, these things happen (jerk! watch your control didn't have to be said) ...and ofcourse try to hide the injuries from the wife.

Any how (take away my drug of choice, coffee, and I mite stop talking!) I gotta give it to you for balls-it takes some to go at it the way you did, gad, I get real scared in sparring at masters (old fart) level in tournaments and I've never seen any injuries at our arthritic level.

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2003 3:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    great job as least you fought, you cant always win them all.......and it was a controlled situation so you didnt get hurt to badly....think you can take that aikido asshole now?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2003 3:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for that type of sitiuation deues ex machina grappling would have been perfect......but if it was a street fight......boyd would have gotten his head stomped in by the other guy's buddies if he went in for a arm bar or tried to take him down

yes i do street fight, most street fights turn into a big free for all where grappling isnt to much help, great thing to learn though

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2003 8:12am

Style: insane

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    got into a fight??? yeah right, that wasnt a "fight", that was "playing".

a "fight" is a little different in my book.
    Its where sharp objects get forcefully rammed into peoples faces and hits from behind with heavy objects occur.

In my opinion, a "fight" is not what you rambled on about for so long.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/04/2003 12:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    baltasargracian, thankyou for the constructive thoughful supportive post. Hey, but atleast you didn't ramble.

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    2/04/2003 3:04pm

Style: lame

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pat get a life you old fart!

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/04/2003 3:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey, who's following some one around to different threads and trolling? And, foolish youth, I just agreed with your thread on loosers. But you are correct in that it is high time to get off the computer.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    2/04/2003 3:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    got into a fight??? yeah right, that wasnt a "fight", that was "playing".
    Uh-oh! Looks like someone's about to explain to us what it means to be on !!THE STREET!! I'll bet it's comically exaggerated, ultraviolent, and involves an all-out Gangs of New York-style warfare.

a "fight" is a little different in my book.
    Its where sharp objects get forcefully rammed into peoples faces and hits from behind with heavy objects occur.
    Yup.

Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 4:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually boyd, I hope you never do run in to something serious. Becuase no matter how you scoff at it or down play it, reality leaves you damaged, even if you win. I've lost so many people violently that I don't even wish it on you.
    I am the biggest fucking wanker on the internet - Proven fact.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast