Welcome to Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2006 7:48am

Style: Self Protection

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks!

I lost contact with Phil Elmore. I got banned from his site for disagreeing with him, and laughing when people posted jokes at his expense.

I last heard that he and his beloved Sifu parted company when Sifu decided to up the training to include pressure testing and other fighting arts. This didn't fit in with Phil's apparent lack of eagerness to work up a sweat.......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2006 7:51am

Style: TSD-MDK, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was beginning to think I was the only old fart around here . . .

Phil is great for comic relief, I never get tired of him. It's a shame some believe his BS though. This site does a nice job exposing him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2006 7:51am

Style: Boxing, Judo, BJJ, M.T.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bujutsuboy
    He is online somewhere, talking about how useful it is as a weapon. A kind of strangling implement.

My own view is that if you wear it then you are the one most likely to be strangled with it.

Just a thought.
    Yeah, if you walk up on a homeless bum, wrap up your scarf around your fists so it's tight, and begin strangling the bum, sure. Any other scenario I doubt it. A scarf is a horrible thing to try to choke someone with. Why does the mafia use piano wire? Because you can't get your fingers underneath it. A scarf is very easy to dig the fingers underneath and prevent the choke.

More likely, someone would grab the scarf and use it for leverage while punching the face, the same thing people do when they grab shirts or hair or other things like that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2006 7:54am

Style: Self Protection

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In all the things he has written, and all the "expertise" he has treated us too, his only actual experience amounts to asking some noisy guy to be quiet one night and, of course, the infamous refusal to talk to a homeless guy.

Now folks, ask yourself this. Since he is very weapons oriented... and since he lives in a place where it is legal to own firearms...... why do you never see Phil holding a genuine gun?

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    9/24/2006 9:01am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His firearms are stored in numerous secret locations at his grandmother's house. We've been over this before.

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    9/24/2006 2:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anybody know Phil's latest project/entertainment for Bullshido? He's got to be writing a book on something...

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    9/24/2006 5:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninPimp
    Anybody know Phil's latest project/entertainment for Bullshido? He's got to be writing a book on something...
    Supposedly, he's written another fictional novel (no, I'm not referring to his self-defense book - 'Short Penis in Hand'), it's called 'Mechanical War. ' Guess who's the featured hero on the cover?

Mechanical War

Read the 5-Star review phil elmore gave himself at Amazon.com -

Complex Plot, Solid Characters, An Interesting Read,

July 7, 2006

Reviewer: A Reader (The United States) -

Thinking about reading "Mechanical War"? Sharpen up your blade and grab some extra mags, because Phil Elmore is about to take you on a faster than light slalom through a galaxy full of conflicts and you're going to need the extra ammo.

Kalin Shadeuz, last seen in Elmore's "Demon Lord" is a man with a problem. Chased by his past, he's not really paranoid--there really are planets full of creatures out to kill him for reasons both personal and professional. He's lost everything: his profession, his sense of purpose, and mostly the family of traders, techs, and mercenaries that gave him the refuge that turned into the only home he ever had.

But even such a large universe is filled with small worlds. Kalin crosses paths with his old friends again when they get in the way of those who are looking to put Shadeuz back into the crosshairs for one last assignment, and those who just want him put him out, permanently and as painfully as possible. This time the stakes aren't just Shadeuz's honor and his friend's lives: it's for control of every planet in the galaxy when Kalin finds himself in the middle of a plot to take over the Trans Galactic Federation run by the very people he once trusted . Tricked and used before, this time Kalin has to decide if redeeming himself by squaring old accounts will be worth what's left of his life. And if Kalin Shadeuz is good at one thing, it's getting even.

"Mechanical War" is full of interesting takes on science fiction and action fiction tropes--galactic empires, feuding alien races(and bureaucracies!), intelligent machines, plus weapons exotic and familiar, just for starters.

There might be a desire to call MW military science fiction, and there's some good reason for that. You're going to see lots of action, all sorts of weapons, superbly trained humans and aliens duking it out with said weapons against huge odds for the biggest stakes, and no lack of hand to hand gritty look and feel across the pages. But Elmore gives us more than a standard shoot em up with a complex plot and a solid cast of characters.

In the intro Phil says he's not trying to write "War and Peace", but a love story, of sorts, spread across decades, wrecked planets, and lots and lots of of spent rounds. Button up the kevlar, strap yourself in, and find out if Kalin can pull it off.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    9/24/2006 6:19pm

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    Supposedly, he's written another fictional novel (no, I'm not referring to his self-defense book - 'Short Penis in Hand'), it's called 'Mechanical War. ' Guess who's the featured hero on the cover?

Mechanical War

Read the 5-Star review phil elmore gave himself at Amazon.com -
    Please tell me this is self-published.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2006 4:39pm

supporting member
     Style: None currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, it's self-published.

No, really. According to Booklocker.com, which Amazon lists as the publisher of Phil's book: "We're a print-on-demand and ebook publishing services company. We help authors who want to self-publish get their book into the market using print-on-demand and ebook technology.

Print-On-Demand (POD) - Using print-on-demand technology, we offer a package where authors can produce their manuscripts as print books, and have those print books sold directly to a customer via the Internet, as well as offered to bookstores who would then resell the books to customers."