Host-Personal Defense TV

Posted On:
    11/17/2004 5:18pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gracie Diet

I recently sent a PM to Anthony inquiring about the Gracie Diet. He suggested I start a thread so that everyone can benefit, so here it goes.

I have been investigating the Gracie Diet as of late and the information has been topical at best. I found the "Groups" list and some basic rules, but it still seems so vague and confusing. Even the rules are hard to follow and to out it in the simplest terms possible, I am confused. Someone explain or give me a Idiots guide to the Gracie Diet. I wrote to Anthony since Rorion sat down and explained the diet to him. I figure since Rorion had to explain it to him then many others may still be in the dark, or do not care.

Posted On:
    11/17/2004 5:48pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great?
    URL of Groups and basic rules that you looked at please?

Have you checked out the Piz Doff diet yet?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Host-Personal Defense TV

Posted On:
    11/17/2004 6:01pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    11/17/2004 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On paper, the Gracie diet sounds kind of silly. I think it's a novel approach to not combine certain foods, but where's the evidence, other than Carlos saying "they don't go."

Eating chicken and lamb in one meal might make you a fatass, but I don't see how it's going to harm your immune system. And how does eating toasted bread make a difference, other than making the people at Quizno's rich?

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/18/2004 12:57am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not a chemist. When I brought this diet up to Brand who is one of them type nerds, he promptly chastised me.

How it was explained to me is simple. Do not eat refined or processed foods.

The Gracie Diet is very natural. The combinations were created for the family fighters to be able to fight. Now asking if all family members do it, I'll just say that I've seen some cinammon bun eating here and there.

What question exactly do you have? If it's someting to the fact of how not eating pineapple and cream cheese isn't good for you, I'm gonna find you and force feed you alfafa sprouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    11/18/2004 1:20am

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    I am not a chemist. When I brought this diet up to Brand who is one of them type nerds, he promptly chastised me.

How it was explained to me is simple. Do not eat refined or processed foods.

The Gracie Diet is very natural. The combinations were created for the family fighters to be able to fight. Now asking if all family members do it, I'll just say that I've seen some cinammon bun eating here and there.

What question exactly do you have? If it's someting to the fact of how not eating pineapple and cream cheese isn't good for you, I'm gonna find you and force feed you alfafa sprouts.
    Frankly it's the combination, or inability to combine that has me stumped. Good nutritional sense should tell you that organic cheese is better than cheeze whiz, or that organic potatoes are better than Mickey D's fries. But that's not what makes it the Gracie Diet. The key feature is the combination of foods.

The rules explained on the pages Bushi provides are much more strict than "don't eat processed foods."

Even Carlson says "don't eat red meat or drink milk." I wanna know why not.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    11/18/2004 9:44am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried this diet for 7 months straight with very little deviation from it. At first I felt the same way I felt when I stopped eating meat; slightly weaker. But after some consistency and not quitting my body responded great. My energy went up and my endurance skyrocketed.

The same thing happened when I went vegan. Its amazing how your body responds to things like this. The only way you can find out is to try it for yourself. You can read a million books on it but it really wont mean anything. Theres a huge difference between theory and practice.

I would suggest trying this type of diet if you want to see an improvement in your stamina and cardio. You obviously cant JUST eat the way the diet tells you and play video games and watch tv all day, you have to back it up with sensible, consistent workouts.

I've taken alot of supplements and even steroids, but I've never felt the kind of energy I felt when I went on a strickly vegan diet(which the Gracie diet is not). I couldn't stick with it because I'm spoiled by food and since I dont compete anymore theres really no carrot in front of me to motivate me.

I never used to believe this stuff until I tried it for an extended period of time.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/18/2004 11:27am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Peedee,

I concur, I was the same way. 15 minutes into class, and I was dying. By week 2, it jumped up I would say over 50 percent of my usual 100.

I am looking at doing it again, for the Mega Throwdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".