Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2002 12:39am

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just wanted to know if you guys would Consider this place a mcdogo.
    They Offer TKD,MT,JKD, BJJ, and Pananandata. Most teens who join do not only take TKD or one thing, they learn many of the MA above to learn how to defend themselves on the streets effectively. FOr younger children, the Master teaches them effective ways to defend themselves besides the traditional roundhouse kicks.Suprisingly, forms are not an essential part of testing. I think the most emphasized part in this training facility would most likely be Sparring/Techniques. And the staff is made up of 4 people or so. 1 master for TKD/Pananandata,1 for MT,1 for JKD, and another for BJJ.

I certainly know my master isnt a fraud, cuz a few

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2002 12:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DOpe, didnt finish accidentally hit enter lol

Anyway I know he isn't a fraud cuz a few world class people trained him. Master Marinas and Kru Pongsan Ek-Yotin are just a few.

www.IMATC.com

Just wanted to Know your opinions. THANKS GUYS

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    8/02/2002 2:15am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A first note: It's important to remember in evaluating a potential McSensei that training with people who are good doesn't automatically make someone legit. In fact, people who are often and quick in mentioning someone famous they trained with are more likely to be frauds than those who only have a mention in their biography and make an occasional note of their sensei in explaining something (like, "At first I did technique X this way, but sensei told me to do it this way"). Just saying as a note, but from what the website looks like, you're probably right about him not being a fraud.

The TKD phase with the kids looks a little McDojoey (ha, I invented a word), what with the red dobok and the awards and teams and whatnot, but I suppose it makes for a harmless hobby for kids. Beyond that, the school seems a little commercial - giving out rewards for recruiting new members is a sign of this kind of thing (didn't see if there were any contracts required, but it seemed like it).

Since TKD in America might as well be soccer because it's more a hobby than a martial system here, it seems pretty harmless so long as the kids aren't persuaded to believe they can use it in self-defense, and instead keep to the specific self-defense stuff they've been taught.

Aside from those criticisms, the place seems like a respectable training hall for stuff like MT/BJJ, Pananandata, and the other arts. If it were just one person teaching all this, I would have doubts, but the staff being outlined like you said is good. Not the most traditional place, but it's still respectable on the whole.

--------------------
    And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2002 11:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeh you are right, the Kids thing is a little mcdojoey (your word) for the very little kids(4-11). But for the older kids 12-16, it's a little more traditional. And BJJ,MT, and the Pananandata are legit. BTW, he didn't mention them too me, his Masters come to our school every now and then to check up on him.