Hell yeah! Hell no!

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    11/14/2004 9:50pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry. I forgot that rigormortis sets in before you're dead and that it is accompanied by leg shaking.

My bad, and I forgot about zombies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2004 10:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I meant to conjur up an image of like a really stiff, unatural and uncontroled extensions of the limbs. If you saw the tape youd know what I mean.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/14/2004 11:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, he's seen the tape. So have I. It doesn't help me understand how you thought a guy falling down and sticking his arms and legs out straight had anything to do with rigor mortis. Rigor mortis is the stiffness of a dead body--it doesn't have anything to do with splaying your limbs out in all directions, it sets in after death regardless of where your limbs are. If you died sitting upright in a recliner and no outside force moved you from that position, that's how rigor would set in and before long you'd be stiff as a board, but with your legs and arms bent at relaxed angles.
    Either way, rigor mortis and movement are mutually exclusive unless you've got an elecrical current wired to a corpse's muscles, and even then I'm not sure it would matter once the body is far enough gone for rigor to have set in.

You might as well enjoy people being assholes on Bullshido, because it isn't going to stop. They only kid because they love.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    11/14/2004 11:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blahblahblah.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2004 11:51pm

Style: Various

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UFC......is still "regulated"

Quote Originally Posted by gojuJKDdude
    Did anyone ever die in the UFC?
    **** no, there are still rules
    why the crap is it called "ultimate"

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    11/15/2004 12:30am

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserk411
    David Dodge or something was his name. He was banned from fighting in all US and sanctioned events overseas because he couldn't pass the prefight physical and he may have had some type of mental problems.

Apparently he was blacking out and was told he wasn't allowed to fight. He went over to fight in some underground show in Russia that was run by the mob. He got clocked a few time and was helped out of the rind (he wasn't unconscious) he died later.

I remember reading an artical about one of his fights in which he took the tape off of his wrist and began trying to choke his opponent out by wrapping the tape around his neck. He definitely had something wrong with him.
    The guys name was Douglas Dedge. There is a lot of **** floating around the net about how he should have never been in the ring in the first place and all that. Over the years the stories went from a friend of his letting people know Dedge had passed out during training AFTER the fight had already taken place to the stuff seen on this thread. I've never heard anything like that from a credilbe source. The only place I see it is on pro-MMA sites.

What I do know about him is he was 31, a father of five, and owned an MMA school.

What I THINK is MMA is safer than boxing. 5 people die a year boxing and countless boxers end up with irreversible brain damage and people don't seem to mind too much. The ability to win without knocking your opponent out and the fact that a fighter doesn't have ten seconds to stand up, collect his wits, and go back out there to recieve more damage make MMA inherently safer. It is still dangerous.

It is inevitable that one day someone will die as a result of a MMA fight in here in America or over in Japan. Someone will get dropped on their head, hit the wrong way, or get choked out and never wake up. It will happen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2004 4:16pm

Style: strength, judo, kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochter
    Sorry. I forgot that rigormortis sets in before you're dead and that it is accompanied by leg shaking.

My bad, and I forgot about zombies.
    Watch Dawn of the dead.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    11/15/2004 4:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MMA is ALOT safer than boxing, take it from someone who has done both.
    Even with elbows and knees, the option to be able to take it to the ground and finish it without suffering more punishment, and the fact that being choked out is alot more pleasane then being knocked out, makes MMA safer than standing there, exchanging punches to the head and body.

And Davia Tua would have knocked Abbots head off and into the 3rd row.

game dog

Posted On:
    11/15/2004 4:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Morality question:

If someone is killed in a sport where inflicting injury is the point of the exercise, is it more horrible/ condemnable than if someone dies as the result of an accident in a non-contact sport, e.g. riding or car racing? How about non-fighting contact sports like American Football? Does the regularity at which casualties happen play a role?
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast