Sponsored Links Spacer Image

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    11/14/2004 2:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously dude, use the search function here. There's a summarisation on almost every thread regarding the Bujinkan, Genbunkan, ninjutsu, etc.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Posted On:
    11/14/2004 6:11pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ninjas will kill you and not even care.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2004 8:22pm

Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you can find a school that holds the lineage of Shoto Tanemura, that'll be ninjitsu. I'm only personally aware of one organization that teaches it, in Colorado.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2004 8:38pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love ninjas with all my body, including my peepee

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    11/14/2004 11:04pm

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ninjutsu is neither fact, nor fiction, as much as it is stupidity.
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2004 8:38pm

Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

re:

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Flames
    Hiya people i took some time off but i came back. I having a very heated argument on another forum (GameFaqs UGH) about ninjutsu. basically there is a guy who claimed to ahve leanred it in Japan and that he can kcik ass blah blah blah. this really pissed me off. i said something along the lines of ninjutsu doesnt exist today. and then this guy is getting all over me. someone plz confirm for me that ninjutsu is not real and even if it was, would not be an effective style by todays standards. or tell me im wrong. i need some opinions.
    Styles are neither effective nor ineffective. Everything is dependant on how the individual trains. People win despite their style, not because of it. Invite this guy to a Throwdown. Its the only way to really know if he is talking crap or not. *shrug*

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/15/2004 8:42pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ninjas taste like chicken.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2004 9:00pm

Style: Bujinkan Ninpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seeing as how ninjutsu per se is not concerned very much with combatic situations, I fail to see how you could "kick someone's ass" with it.

Or, is this yet another case of someone collapsing ninjutsu and happo bikenjutsu? Again??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2004 10:08pm

Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by heretic888
    Seeing as how ninjutsu per se is not concerned very much with combatic situations, I fail to see how you could "kick someone's ass" with it.

Or, is this yet another case of someone collapsing ninjutsu and happo bikenjutsu? Again??
    How do you describe the difference between ninpo from ninjutsu? I asked a friend of mine at work who trains in ninpo, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

In working out with this guy, we're both a little surprised how similar our two styles really are.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2004 11:20pm

Style: Bujinkan Ninpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblood
    How do you describe the difference between ninpo from ninjutsu? I asked a friend of mine at work who trains in ninpo, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

In working out with this guy, we're both a little surprised how similar our two styles really are.
    Well, I'm not going to pretend to be some kind of expert or authority, but I can tell you how it was explained to me.

Ninjutsu, as I understand it, are those arts and practices concerned with things like espionage, stealing-in, stealth, escape, evasion, unconventional strategy, and "esoteric" practices (like how meterology or geography can be applied to battles).

Ninpo, as I understand it, is a sort of philosophy or way of looking at (and handling) situations. Hayes called it "the higher order of ninjutsu", but its not really specific or unique to ninjutsu schools. Gyokko ryu, Koto ryu, and Kukishinden ryu all contain some Ninpo.

Well, that's my take anyway. :5emoticon
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast