Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/24/2004 11:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    WTF does this have to do with anything that's been posted? Here's some KY get your head out your ass!!!

(somebody must've hit the egg nog to hard)

Ho fucking Ho everybody...

::::middle finger to all and to all a good night:::::
    The point being that Nog's opinion didn't deserve to be criticized, simply because he hasn't trained in awhile. The M.Sc./Ph.D. reference was aimed at Doc. And my point was that I didn't say something stupid to George Chuvalo like "so what have you done lately."

<Insert something clever here>

Posted On:
    12/25/2004 9:48am

supporting member
     Style: Currently a BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer

Dochmann please, did you even read what he wrote?

No he didn't. That is what made his comments and his neg repping of me hilarious. I guess based on reinforcement principles, he would like me to spread bullshido next time.
    :qleft1: :new_cussi :qmickey: :evil7: :XXcat: :XXfish: :5crackup:

Posted On:
    12/25/2004 1:04pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    WTF does this have to do with anything that's been posted? Here's some KY get your head out your ass!!!

(somebody must've hit the egg nog to hard)

Ho fucking Ho everybody...

::::middle finger to all and to all a good night:::::
    Funny coming from a person who has likely also hit the "egg nog to hard" himself.
    The significance of the analogy is: just because a person has not practiced in a few years, does not mean he has forgotten everything.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    12/25/2004 7:11pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wear a facemask everytime you spar if you're going to use face contact.

Is there any reason in the world you WOULDNT wear one?

As far as keeping your hands down, thats the fault of a bad instructor who isn;t doing his job. If you aren't capable of defending the correct way you shouldnt be sparring to begin with.

Unless you're a pro fighter theres no reason to NOT wear one. I personally never did but after training and suffering alot of injuries I always made my students purchase one.

Anyone want to spend about $5,000 because you got hit with one punch that caught your teeth the right way? How about a nice broken nose when you go to work on Monday? And ANYONE can get hit. The average 14 year old can break a mans nose with one sloppy untrained punch. Thats a nice thing to have happen to a student....then you'l never see him/her again because they'll realize they're not a pro fighter, they arent training for leveryday life and death struggles and broken noses/teeth isn't worth it for them.

Wear the best protective gear you can get.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Posted On:
    12/25/2004 7:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The first reason for wearing headgear was already mentioned, the other reason is to prevent being CUT from abrasive hand protection or hard shots to the head/face.

Is there anyone here non pro that spars often with full contact to the face/neck and no headgear? If so what about that type of training is worth the many injuries you must have sustained?
    Last edited by PeedeeShaolin; 12/25/2004 7:34pm at .

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Host-Personal Defense TV

Posted On:
    12/26/2004 12:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeedeeShaolin
    Wear a facemask everytime you spar if you're going to use face contact.

Is there any reason in the world you WOULDNT wear one?

As far as keeping your hands down, thats the fault of a bad instructor who isn;t doing his job. If you aren't capable of defending the correct way you shouldnt be sparring to begin with.

Unless you're a pro fighter theres no reason to NOT wear one. I personally never did but after training and suffering alot of injuries I always made my students purchase one.

Anyone want to spend about $5,000 because you got hit with one punch that caught your teeth the right way? How about a nice broken nose when you go to work on Monday? And ANYONE can get hit. The average 14 year old can break a mans nose with one sloppy untrained punch. Thats a nice thing to have happen to a student....then you'l never see him/her again because they'll realize they're not a pro fighter, they arent training for leveryday life and death struggles and broken noses/teeth isn't worth it for them.

Wear the best protective gear you can get.
    This post is dead on in my opinion. I have had to foot the bill for both a broken nose and a cracked inscissor, both from training. After the excruciating surgery recovery from a deviated septum and the deductible from both surgeries, I figure will spare myself the repeated anguish.

Posted On:
    12/26/2004 4:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cauliflower ear is another reason to have protection on your head.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Host-Personal Defense TV

Posted On:
    12/26/2004 5:18pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    got that too. That I do not mind so much once it hardened. When it is flaired up it sucks though.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/26/2004 5:43pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by j416to
    The point being that Nog's opinion didn't deserve to be criticized, simply because he hasn't trained in awhile. The M.Sc./Ph.D. reference was aimed at Doc. And my point was that I didn't say something stupid to George Chuvalo like "so what have you done lately."

I knew that, I was being a Scrooge....

As for PHD and your analogy, experiance is diminished over the years, I'm not sure if I agree with your analogy. I won't detract from the thread outside this remark though maybe I'll bring it up at another time.

As for Peedee's comment:

I've been blessed by a face that doesn't get cut, a nose that can't be broken and no brain. I hate face masks but I realize why people wear them. I say don't wear them because of possible neck injuries. I'm more for the larger padded boxing gloves and ultra soft instep for full contact practice these days.

Posted On:
    12/26/2004 6:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah but dude, you're a fighting maniac lol. You could basically train with NO padding and the only person whos going to get hurt is your opponent.

I forgot about the possibility of neck injury due to the face cage. Omega is right about it. If a glove catches the chin or side of it your head can be twisted with the mask too causing you to possibly hurt your neck.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast