Page 1 of 20 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/12/2004 8:45pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Toronto McThrowdown Nov 12, 2004 Feedback and Planning for Next McThrowdown Thread

Location = http://aikidotendokai.com/location.html
    Time - Friday Nov 26, 2004
    5pm

Event was a nice success! At least for me, haha.
    First, I'd like to thank KayDeePee for bringing the camera and IronMung for providing us with a place to beat each other. Who else....?

:car29: Just for my friend! :car16:

KayDeePee -
    Grappling
    Not sure what happened there, but when you fell on top of me my right shoulder started to dislocate or something. Thanks for not shoulder locking me later, haha.
    What did you think of my mount and side mount?

I like to think of myself as a very hard (or at least harder) guy to juji-gatame so cheers! :D

MMA
    Damn you, and doing the same sub on different arms. I had a body clinch on you when you were in the guard, but I let that go to try to attack more.

What guard passes did you do on my again? Can't remember.
    Thoughts? From all who viewed it?

Ronin69 -
    Kickboxing
    Thank you for punching me in head. Thank you for making it more of a 'let's help PizDoff learn' session as opposed to a 'KILL HIM TO PIECES!!!' session. I know my limiitations! I've been told by iamamonster, KayDeePee and King Hippo my head went in all sorts of fun directions from your punch. Can you stop being so fast?

Jammed my fingers on my right hand from messing up a kick catch, shoulder is rather sore right now, head feeling the punch now, we'll see about tomorrow! Hahahaa! My right foot is bruising up nice and colourfully from a roundhouse kick block by ronin69.

Great fun working with all you guys today, and hope to again in the near future.

Edit: This first post will be updated with more information when
    1. We decide when and where our next meet is, and
    2. When the videos are posted up
    Last edited by PizDoff; 11/23/2004 2:31am at .

Posted On:
    11/12/2004 11:21pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, KayDeePee, I saw you pulling those punches from the mount.... :)

MMA sparring was a lot of fun.
    I realise now my mistake was that I played the in-guard game a bit too much like a grappling sparring match. I should have stood back a bit and did some somersault passes or something like that instead.

Thank you to whoever held the punching bag back from us when we went into it. Hahaha!
    That ninja demo on tape....quality entertainment.
    Seeing Shuma try to pull off his hand wraps when grappling was also funny.
    Last edited by PizDoff; 11/13/2004 12:21am at .
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    11/13/2004 12:26am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in town for sure already the last weekend of Nov. So I would definately like to have one on the 26th again! :D
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2004 12:28am

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Strange that as soon as we made this a monthly event, we had the best turnout ever. I wonder if people had previously felt some pressure to perform or be a big badass. In any case, that's patently wrong. It was a great, friendly session.

I had to leave early, ensuring that I'd miss some of the hilarity, but I had a chance to roll with Mung, Shuma and King Hippo--all fun, all challenging--and do a bit of light standup with Mung and Ronin. More of the same.

I didn't have a chance to work with 'Monster, KPD or CT, but I hope to next time.

For the people that I've played with before, I was really impressed with how much everyone has improved. We all know that we're making progress, but it's nice to just experience that fact once in a while.

I'm really looking forward to our next session. There's plenty more to learn and I count myself lucky to have an opportunity to meet up with so many dedicated, cool people.

Thanks, everyone!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2004 12:34am

Style: No gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *****here is what i wrote in the other thread, my brain is not broken*****

wikked job tonight guys! it was a pleasure and an honour working with all of you.

ironMung: thanks for the space dude. we should definately roll next time.

Ronin69: scary stand up dude. too bad we couldn't work together, maybe next time.

Repulsive Monkey: wikkedness! it was awesome working the grappling with you. maybe next time you could show me some takedowns and we could work some drills.

Crimson Tiger: it was a pleasure to do standup with you. i love those high kick set ups, totally took advantage of my low guard (but then again, i'm so short my guard will always be low compared to yours ;oP). next time we spar i'll tie phone books to my feet. respect!

Shumagorath: yes, yes and furthermore yes. we will spar next time for sure!

iamamonster: i don't know how to spell your screen name, but awesome job sparring.

PizDoff: too bad we couldn't roll or spar, but next time for sure we will.

KayDeePee: you drink your own urine.

it was great to meet you all. hopefully it won't be too long before we could do this again.

Happy birthday to me.

Posted On:
    11/13/2004 1:00am

supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Piz,

The funny thing was, I only went for the juji thinking that you'd think I'd go for it and you'd lock your arms together. I was actually looking for a triangle choke, but you rolled out of the way. You weren't newb enough for it to work. Then it went downhill for me there in the control department. Spending the last 1.5 minutes trying to buck and shrimp out was pretty damn tiring. I'm was glad that when you had knee mount, you didn't put all your weight on your knee and into my diaphragm.

The MMA sparring was pretty fun. I don't know why you decided to stand facing the side like you were a SF shoto character. That's pretty much how I caught you with my shitty slow ass single leg takedown....however, if you were ever able to bend my head over for knees in clinch, you could easily knee me in the head. You kneed me in the nipple once.

Shuma

You're not going to like this part. Although I did edit out what you claim was focused on your crappy bag work, I didn't edit out the part where I said to you "Here's your motivation: Your dad just molested you." Although the end of the vid was a nice touch.

King Hippo

When you started filming your genitalia after Piz and I sparred, I noticed some disturbing black spots. You need to check it out pronto.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    11/13/2004 1:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any pictures or video footage taken ?

When will it be posted here ?
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Posted On:
    11/13/2004 9:23am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KayDeePee
    Shuma

You're not going to like this part. Although I did edit out what you claim was focused on your crappy bag work, I didn't edit out the part where I said to you "Here's your motivation: Your dad just molested you." Although the end of the vid was a nice touch.
    Your repeated obsession with the Matthius100 program deeply frightens me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    Any pictures or video footage taken ?

When will it be posted here ?
    Any pictures or video of you, Hannibal?

When will you stop posting here?

Happy birthday to me.

Posted On:
    11/13/2004 10:56am

supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shuma, the Matthius100 program wasn't properly debugged. If it were an obsession, it would be more on the lines of "how can I improve on it?". Also, what was the name of the place on Danforth you went to to transfer what you taped onto CD again?

Anyways, here's what I have on video:

Iron Mung & Repulsive Monkey - Stand up - 3 mins
    King Hippo & iamamonster - Stand up - 1 min
    Piz and myself - MMA - 3 mins
    King Hippo & Crimson Tiger - Stand up - 3 mins
    Ronin & Piz - Stand up - 3 mins
    Last edited by Transcendent Sunchips; 11/13/2004 11:02am at . Reason: Needed more info from Shuma

Posted On:
    11/13/2004 11:29am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did a conversion from miniDV to DVD at Greek City Video.

If you want you can send me a raw dump of the video and I will edit and host it myself.
Page 1 of 20 1 234511 ... LastLast