Page 7 of 8 First ... 345678 Last

Style
    shaolin temple
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    p.s. I don't understand the implication of this statement...

Cant find that info....... sounds like both are government party "figure head". Like the Pope

Style
    Various
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok....let see...
    Quote Originally Posted by heng fa
    I don't suppose you would be able to find that info at all, lol...but you did trick me into thinking you had a bit of game at first.

In our every exchange I am inexorably led to the conclusion that you are a typing mouth in a face, and that is about it, all too typical an example of internet forum residents. All piss and clueless vinegar. Callmetrinity is bullshido, because you offer opinion as fact without knowing jack **** about the topic. Your conclusion is foregone so there isn't much of a point, beyond diversion, in even engaging you anymore.
    What you don't SEEM to understand.....this was a ongoing discussion(s) for the past couple of decades that I have in person with many people. Some believe in modern monk existing-some do not.... You seem to freak just because someone is posting a different view of it than you have.....reminds me of the Kalamas.

If you don't know how to investigate this stuff- and incredibly you believe Google and the internet is going to burp up a wealth of info on it- I don't know what to say. Like I am going to post a link for you detailing the life and times of every Shaolin monk who ever walked the earth. The internet does not automatically bestow veracity.
    So....you lack proof?

It's an idiotic premise to start out with...it would be like assuming you could look up online, say...the fo fa sen ceremony of Bei Ma Si, and have a chart to compare it with a Tibetan temple tradition...such information is still the provenance of GROUND and FIELD work, which you are incapable or unwilling to pursue.
    I have pursued...and still pursuing....I found opposing information (in the anaology of Christians that are for or against Martial Arts....either site biblical passages to support their arguement....

You can't find the published work of Shi De Qian? You can't find the Discovery Channel DVD of Beyond Human Endurance? It was even co-released by the BBC. I mean, they do have a website- probably Discovery channel dot com. I would wager they have a store where you can buy it. Then you can watch it. Calling Yan Ming a PRC figurehead made me laugh out loud. You really are clueless.
    No-havent found either.... instead of bashing me, or my insight.....enlighten me....link me.....

I mean really. If you want to be a serious Shaolin researcher or offer a serious opinion then get serious man and learn how to conduct research, form arguments, answer rebuttals, take a stab at logic, try and understand the burden of proof, before you start typing out your idiocy, otherwise just sit back and learn something from those who have greater command of the subject matter than you do.
    Show me. I havent found anyone but believers and non-believers.

Your initial premise is so revelatory (in your opinion) as to be a huge joke!
    Joke-why? Because in the anaology of religion, say Christianity, if one does not believe or agree, they are a joke?

A six yr old can make any "martial" art overhyped.
    I guess a lot of "Shaolin Monk" beleivers are 6 years old

Well I guess it is all right as you just don't seem to know any better.
    Yeah-sure.....perhaps the other WAY around?

Style
    n/a
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason you can't find it on the internet is because, due to the great wealth of Discovery Channel's programs, their dvd's will go out of syndication after a certain amount of time to make room for new ones. Search ebay for long enough and I guaruntee a copy of Beyond Human Endurance will pop up, I know it's an actual program because I saw it on TV when it aired awhile back. ****, I even still remember the commercials about it.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This Shaolin isn't hyped enough:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlWAjvbHjEs

I just improved the quality of this thread by an infinite margin.
    Last edited by PointyShinyBurn; 8/01/2007 6:51pm at .

Style
    Kickboxing (student)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    This Shaolin isn't hyped enough:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlWAjvbHjEs

I just improved the quality of this thread by an infinite margin.
    agreed...thanks:5slick:

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.
    Style
    In Hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meex
    here's a no brainer. . .
    if prince daruma (bohdidarma, Ta mo) was the one who taught the monks ma/gung fu in Sil Lum (shaolin) temple. . .uh, someone had to have taught him. No "originator" label for him.

500 AD? Much too late for the start of martial arts in asia.

`~/
    Seriously.

Then you have the people that are claiming that Shaolin is the WORLD's oldest martial art and that it's from 1,500 BC.

Yes, BC.

What morons.

Those are the people that see it on some website, and believe everything their so-called "grandmaster" says.

And the same morons who haven't listened in school when their teachers were talking about Sumeria - where archeological proof showed boxing and wrestling as martial arts in the first civilization ever... and not to mention Greece - with Pankration, Wrestling, and Boxing.

Besides, Shaolin Kung Fu is one of the most unpractical MAs anyways.

Crappy stances, crappier attacks, and even crappier defense.

None of it effective.

Kung Fu is good if you want to be an acrobat, not a martial artist.

Goddamn kung fools.
    :ingun:

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus... two YEAR thread necro

Style
    Muay Thai, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Buddhism came from India. So did martial arts... just do a youtube search for Kalaripayattu and/or Kalari

Style
    Proudly Shaolin Do.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazy kaju
    Seriously.

Besides, Shaolin Kung Fu is one of the most unpractical MAs anyways.

Crappy stances, crappier attacks, and even crappier defense.

None of it effective.

Kung Fu is good if you want to be an acrobat, not a martial artist.

Goddamn kung fools.
    :ingun:

really? What schools are you referring to?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meex
    here's a no brainer. . .
    if prince daruma (bohdidarma, Ta mo) was the one who taught the monks ma/gung fu in Sil Lum (shaolin) temple. . .uh, someone had to have taught him. No "originator" label for him.

500 AD? Much too late for the start of martial arts in asia.

`~/
    im not sure if someone already said something, but thats retarded. You have to have been taught something to know it? So then who taught the guy who taught the guy who taught the guy who taught Ta Mo?

Page 7 of 8 First ... 345678 Last