Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/18/2009 1:39am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goat Lab does indeed exist, but it's nothing like discribed. It's the final part of Phase 2 for SF Medics. A goat is severly injured, legs broken, shot through the body, and other niceities. The Medic then has to do all he can to keep the goat alive. In 76 one of the Medics even gave his goat mouth to mouth when it stopped breathing. Hard Corps stuff.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    3/18/2009 8:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Mechanic View Post
    "In 1979 a secret unit was established by the most gifted minds within the US Army. Defying all known accepted military practice - and indeed, the laws of physics - they believed that a soldier could adopt the cloak of invisibility, pass cleanly through walls and, perhaps most chillingly, kill goats just by staring at them. Entrusted with defending America from all known adversaries, they were the First Earth Battalion. And they really weren't joking. What's more, they're back and fighting the War on Terror. 'The men who stare at goats' reveals extraordinary - and very nutty - national secrets at the core of George W Bush's War on Terror."
    Hullooooo!

Since this thread has been necro'ed anyway:

Two movies were made of this!

First one, wink, wink:

YouTube - GI Joe The Rise Of Cobra Official Teaser Trailer in HD Superbowl Spot Ad

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Mechanic View Post
    Im actually mostly interested in the 1st earth battalion as it does exist - anyone read it?
    Second one, serious contribution this time:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234548/

All star cast with Spacey, Clooney, McGregor and the guy who played Milton in office space. Sounds promising...

Chances that I go and watch GI Joe are substantially higher, though.

Posted On:
    3/18/2009 10:02am

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only reason the Army is practicing killing goats with psychic powers is so that have a chance of winning the Army - Navy game.

Oohrah!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2009 10:22am

Style: blunt trauma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube - The Crazy Rulers Of The World - Episode One: The Men Who Stare At Goats [1 of 5]

This warrants a thread necro based on the fact that this movie looks to be funnier than GI Joe was.

YouTube - 'Men Who Stare at Goats' Trailer HD

It also seems to be getting all of the sensitive treatment this tender subject matter warrants. Floyd Webb is doing a film on Count Dante - When do we get a biopic on Dillman? I could watch this stuff all day.

Posted On:
    10/25/2009 7:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
    ****, beautiful women do this all the time. :
    THeres one about five feet away from me right now.

I am in an internet cafe.

There she is, in the next row. Oblivious to my very existence.
    She has bright, intelligent eyes. Blemishless skin and brown hair that flows about her head set. About 22 years old by my estimation.
    Her fingers caress the keys as she types.

I wonder what she's typing? Probably something like
    "Help, can someone come and pick me up? This really creepy fat bald guy in the next row over keeps staring at me. He looks kinda crazy"

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 5:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninpo, Juijutsu, kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Goat experiments were real

Im not an avid poster here but this is a topic I have some personal knowledge about. I served at Bragg back when this was going on and a good friend of mine, now a retired SF Major, was directly involved with Guy Savelli. I about fell on the floor when I saw that they ha dmade a movie about this. Dan (last name omitted) was one of several two man teams sent to 'specialized' dojo across the US and IIRC Savelli was teaching in Indiana at the time. These field tests were concerned with finding an effective defensive/offensive art that could be utilized by operators who had been captured, starved, dehydrated and tortured as part of the SERE training. The training recieved from Savelli mostly involved specialized breaking techniques like 'chicken beak' strike and palm heel. The chicken beak strike was interesting to watch but the palm strikes were what impressed me the most. When the teams returned to Bragg they then taught some of these breaks to other operators in a very short period of time. There is even a video on youtube (shot outside of the barracks at 1st Special Warfare Bn) showing operators demonstrating these techniques. The goat experiments were conducted to the best of my recollection with Mr Savelli himself utilizing 3 goats behind a window. Mr Savelli had no physical contact with the goats. 3 goats were used as a control with the evaluators then randomly choosing one goat. Mr Savellis job was to kill that goat using his 'abilities'. Now, this being said and having known Dan as a soldier of impeccable character and honor not to mention highly decorated, he relayed to me that the goat Savelli directed his attentions on collapsed and died as a result of a massive cardiac arrest (BTW, I will assist the mods in contacting Dan if they so wish).
    Now, my question was the many here in that if this was so wildly effective why wasnt it implemented in the SERE program? There was no solid answer for this. The teams did their job by going out and studying with these various masters and facillitated Mr Savelli's evaluation by the JFK SPECWAR Center. The tests were apparently somewhat successful but the pursuit of this esoteric practice was, at least superficially, abandoned. Several Operators of 7th (at that time both 5th Group and 7th Group were at Bragg with 3d Group coming online) SF continued to train in Kun Tao afterwards but it was never officially adopted in to SERE SOP. So, whether you believe that goats can be killed with the mind or not the fact remains that the Specwar center did in fact invest a lot of taxpayers money in to exploring the paranormal up to and including 'remote viewing'. Most of the esoteric arts looked in to at this time were quickly dismissed and Savelli was one of the few that garnered additional study.This isnt speculation. Whether or not you believe in it or not is a different matter. I should add I did not PERSONALLY witness the 'goat test' that others were involved with however I was exposed to the rather dramatic (and effective) breaking techniques taught by Mr Savelli and passed on to me via Dan.
    Again, if any of the staff want to do a follow up I can attempt to put you in touch with Dan although I cant guarantee how much info he would be willing to share.
    I know all of this sounds wierd but this was during the same time that toilet seats were going for $10,000 in the Army so that the extra $$$ could be siphoned off for black ops. If theres any other ex-mil types here from the Reagan years you know what Im talking about....

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 6:21am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe it because the interweb tubes tell me so.

Jedi Warriors do exist!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345