Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/11/2004 12:00am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Don, if memory serves me correctly, wasn't the Stratsboug goat fest, an anonymous test in which supposedly hundreds of goats were shot with various calibers to see how quickly they would die? I remember reading some gun mag which pointed out the statistical unlikelyness of rounding up so many goats which fit into such a narrow weight range. (like 140-150 lbs though they were obviously using metric weights.) It was certainly some tantalizing bullshit.

Now Eric Haney, one of the founding members of Delta Force, says in his book "Inside Delta Force" (Delacorte Press, New York, 2002) that when testing a rifle bullet that would dump all of its energy in the target and not exit the terrorist's body, "we conducted empirical tests at various ranges on live goats. Nobody enjoyed shooting the animals, but since the testing was done to avoid killing innocent fellow humans, it seemed to carry a lesser weight in the great balance of things." (p. 244)

Basically they created a bullet that would dump its energy on inpact while losing its velocity rapidly up to a distance of 400 meters or so.

Posted On:
    11/11/2004 4:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The military testing on animals are nothing new it happens all the time. As gross as many of the experiments are.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2004 5:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anybody know if the soldiers got to have "Cabrito" for chow?
    True civilization lies in the dominance of self and not in the dominance of other men.

Luther Standing Bear

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2004 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Firearms, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Now Eric Haney, one of the founding members of Delta Force, says in his book "Inside Delta Force"...........
    Shhhhhh, Sam. They're called CAG these days. And the first rule about CAG is that you don't talk about CAG :eusa_shhh................. :icon_lol:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2004 6:24pm

Style: Crosstraining/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tkdan28
    If you do it, do it right.

TKDan has a smokin' avatar.

:love4:
    Last edited by Ashe; 11/11/2004 6:38pm at .

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/12/2004 11:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Animal tests, sure. Strasbourg Goat Tests, no. They're myths.

As for Delta Force developing rifle rounds that are effective at 400 yards, yet will not go through and through an unarmored human, that doesn't sound very likely. If it was achieved I would bet on some very big tradeoffs.
    I've never heard of this round, and it ought to be famous by now if it can do that.

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    11/12/2004 11:54pm

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guy Savelli makes these claims on his Huc Chung Kun Tao website. http://www.worldkungfu.com/
    I'm ashamed that he even calls it Kun Tao. He's a running joke in our class.

It's a shame that he's hiding behind the wall o' bullshido because he was considered to be one of DeThour's best, once upon a time."

you have got your facts seriously mixed up.

how do you connect savelli with Dethouars?

which DeThoaurs are you talking about?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2004 8:08pm

Style: stickfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this has nothing to do with goats but i think it contributes to this topic:

http://www.skepticalinvestigations.o...s/stargate.htm

i'm curious what's behind all this ... at least the author of this article claims that the author of the book isn't a fraud ... interesting at least ...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2004 8:22pm

Style: 11 1/2 Dan in Roshambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was involved in the secret goat lab tests for the Government. FEMA would come and pick me up in a black helicopter and we would meet with the Trilateral Commission about the impending alien invasion. Seriously....just ask Art Bell.

Posted On:
    11/13/2004 8:56pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    Animal tests, sure. Strasbourg Goat Tests, no. They're myths.

As for Delta Force developing rifle rounds that are effective at 400 yards, yet will not go through and through an unarmored human, that doesn't sound very likely. If it was achieved I would bet on some very big tradeoffs.
    I've never heard of this round, and it ought to be famous by now if it can do that.
    Its always possible that Haney is lying but since you know more about firearms then I do, I'll just reprint the two paragraphs so you can decide for yourself.

"How do you kill one person out of a group at long range without harming anyone else? . . . . The answer came in the form of a bullet that was accurate and powerful, but would stay in the human body upon impact. We had done some experimentation during our first year and had come up with rife loads that solved this problem. By hand-loading a round with a lightweight, lightly constructed bullet driven at a very high velocity, we got an accurate round that would dump its energy on impact so rapidly and violantly, the bullet would stay in the body of the victim without exiting the other side. The trade off with the round was that its range was somewhat limited. Even though the bullet left the barrel at a very high speed, the same lightness that caused it to dump energy rapidly on impact also caused it to lose velocity rapidly. It performed admirably on shots to about four hundred meters or so." (p. 244) Haney then talks about testing the round on goats, see earlier quote.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast