Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2004 11:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Pride 28 with spoilers

Overall a great event!! some weird mishaps and some very entertaining fights...

It seems like the knee is being used alot more nowadays from the ground and standing.

I hated that black guy from holland.... all he did was knee, he had multiple dominant positions and didnt do anything with them, he fought with a general malaise, barely threw any punches and when he did they didnt have any power.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 12:38am

Style: karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you mean alistair overeem? I'd figure you'd hate bobbish more, as he had complete control of hunt, then had a gasses out while hunt goes for the KO

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 9:13am

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Allistair Overeem, and he's lame as hell. They kept hyping him for a middle weight title shot, he is not nearly good enough. Put him in there with Hendo, Arona or Rampage and watch the destruction begin.

Anyone else notice that Hunt looked kind of embarassed at the win? He was awful on the ground, but I give him full credit for hanging in there and being tough. Bobish needs to stop working out with Tank Abbott and get in real shape to fight. He had that fight won hands down and he let Hunt stand up and then got TKO'ed by a kick to the stomach. WEAK.

Those were the two worst fights on the card.

Vanderlei Rampage was off the hook though. Did anyone else notice the replay of them lifting Rampage's head from the mat? It looked like someone was pouring blood from a cup. He had Silva in trouble at the end of the first, but he did not have the stamina to go the distance. You could see him dropping his hands alot in round 2, and that let Silva get the opening he needed.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 9:17am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also WTF was with the 2!!! dislocated shoulders? I've never seen that happen before.

Josh Barnett looked awful. Where does he "workout" CroCop is right he's too fat...

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 9:22am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I only saw the KO sequence in the Silva/Jackson fight. Damn that was brutal.

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 9:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that last 45 seconds was pretty brutal. Jackson is too damn tough for his own good. That punch SHOULD have finished it. But he stayed on his feet long enough to eat a few knees on his way down. Did you see his nose? The bridge looked like it was about a half inch to the right of normal.

Barnett has always looked that way, even when he did steroids. He is still a hell of a fighter though. I still cannot figure out how he dislocated his shoulder, you can see it pop out of place but why it did is just not obvious at all.

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 9:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't see his messed up nose- I just downloaded the last part.

When I see Jackson getting a beating like that, it makes me wonder if his smack talking, funny as it is, just pisses off Vanderlei . . .

Unemployed

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 9:36am

supporting member
     Style: Filthy Jailhouse Tactics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMcFu
    I didn't see his messed up nose- I just downloaded the last part.

When I see Jackson getting a beating like that, it makes me wonder if his smack talking, funny as it is, just pisses off Vanderlei . . .
    Hey now, you didn't actually see the whole fight.

Jackson actually brought a lot into the ring and fought well. You could tell pretty early on that Silva was going to control the match, but Jackson did a great job and made the fight very entertaining. Jackson's defense was pretty fucking rad the majority of the fight.
    MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
    "Fag."
    "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 9:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should see the whole fight, Silva's ground game is getting pretty damn good. No subs, but he was holding guard for a long time, and kept Rampage from doing any damage. Then the last 45 seconds of the first round, Rampage got side control and Silva was in trouble. The fight really exposed some weakness's in Rampage. He needs to get a game on his back, and he needs to condition for the whole fight, not just the first round.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 9:49am

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Barnett's shoulder dislocation--or whatever the hell he did--was disappointing. Although CroCop had nowhere to go but up when it came to ground-fighting skill (remember that awful grappling against the Japanese tomato can?), I was still pretty dubious that he'd be able to do much. Evidently, though, he can now snap a joint simply by looking at it.

Props to Hunt for hanging in there and covering up properly. His strategy? "Let the other guy kick my ass until he gets sleepy." Still, someone like Bobish, with such obvious cardio issues, really needs to pick and choose his attacks. Big boys need to do damage on almost every shot if they hope to outlast their opponents.

Jackson and Silva was a solid fight. I was the only one in the room who predicted that it would get past the first round. Was Silva the smarter fighter? I don't know. I do know that he conserved energy while Jackson was busting his ass to finish him (and being well into position to do so before the first round ended). My theory was that after getting kneed into oblivion in the last fight, Jackson's strategy was to rush in and destabilize, while trying to slam. He attempted to do that in the last few seconds, but just didn't have enough gas to do it fast enough.

Those throw/slam attempts take a lot of energy. I think that Jackson would be well advised work on transitioning from sweeps into GnP. Then again, what the **** do I know?

There’s a lot to be said for getting your opponent tired. Evidently, it’s often worth taking a medium-sized beating to do it, as it seems to be exponentially easier to capitalize on their openings when they’re no longer fresh.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast