Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 11:31am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aside from the political implications, are there other reasons why this program is regarded as Bullshido?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 11:38am

Style: Jujutsu, freestyle Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eyebeams, I'm glad someone else has some common sense and morality. For the record, I condemn my own country's government as much as Israel's.

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 12:08pm

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WunHungLo
    Eyebeams, I'm glad someone else has some common sense and morality. For the record, I condemn my own country's government as much as Israel's.
    Don't get me wrong. I condemn the Palestinian political structure and other middle eastern nations that have fucked things up view their own interests, too.

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 12:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eyebeamds and WunHungLo, this is your warning. If you'd like to dissect the political implications of this style's name, please do so in the political forums. This area is for discussion of the legitimacy of the style itself.

Failure to abide by the forum rules will result in a timeout for the two of you.

Thank you,

GG
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 12:49pm

Style: Muay Thai & "t3h gr4ppl3"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebeams
    Don't get me wrong. I condemn the Palestinian political structure and other middle eastern nations that have fucked things up view their own interests, too.
    Now that's a very reasonable statement.
    Back to HaganaH...Itz just another hyped up military ex-special forces system. A couple decent SD techniques here and there, but nothing special. I like the PORs, but I don't like the whole "three knees and shlock em out" finish. I think they're better off having their practitioners "spar" their way in and out of the POR.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 1:28pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I remember right, these guys are like in Boynton beach, or very close to me.

I've been meaning to go see what they were about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 1:47pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This like so many other CQB type programs is designed to teach a lot of recruits quick and easy hand to hand fighting. I have taught PPCT at the police academy In Indianapolis. These types of programs are not comprehensive. especialy the Military versions. soldiers fight with guns. Don't you get tired of the old "he was a navey seal, he'll kick your ass." statments? Sure he will with an MP5. I think for what they are, a supliment to modern military tactics, they are fine. To sell it as a fighting art is just silly. Most of the Krav maga people I have seen Look just like American "Self-defense" competetors at the sat. bullshido point tournaments. a lot of hissing, and big "don't move while I do this" moves.

You could probably learn to defend your self with these systems, provided the attacker was caught off gaurd and was not a trained fighter, but why waist time with these when there ae better ways to train?

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 2:02pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    This like so many other CQB type programs is designed to teach a lot of recruits quick and easy hand to hand fighting. I have taught PPCT at the police academy In Indianapolis. These types of programs are not comprehensive. especialy the Military versions. soldiers fight with guns. Don't you get tired of the old "he was a navey seal, he'll kick your ass." statments? Sure he will with an MP5. I think for what they are, a supliment to modern military tactics, they are fine. To sell it as a fighting art is just silly. Most of the Krav maga people I have seen Look just like American "Self-defense" competetors at the sat. bullshido point tournaments. a lot of hissing, and big "don't move while I do this" moves.

You could probably learn to defend your self with these systems, provided the attacker was caught off gaurd and was not a trained fighter, but why waist time with these when there ae better ways to train?
    It's the mystique of learning "what the pro's use". The amusing thing is that cops/army/whatever don't 'do' hand-to-hand combat as part of their daily job so they aren't the 'pros' at all. And there's not a whole lot of mystique to those that do fight for a living. Boxing, wrestling, mma - pretty basic stuff right there. nothing fancy, just lots of training and lots of practice.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Posted On:
    12/15/2006 5:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: haganah

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok if you go by the advertising it looks pretty bs. True it is not comprehensive but neither does it claim to be. True again the basic training is not very alive however that is encoureged at your instructors discretion as you gain skill and control. Mike (founder) states that the techniques are not a bluprint but instead are a tool. Also he wncourages his students to cross train. The idea for the system is to give someone with little or no training usable skills and the ability to react instead of freeze when attacked. Yes the knife defenses are not very good but Mike states up front that they are last ditch and having your own weapon would be first choice. Sorry this is choppy but I am not used to typing anymore and have to get back in practice.

Posted On:
    12/15/2006 6:17pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thread necromancy, for the love of god.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast