Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 12:01pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know a couple of guys that are working towards certification in Haganah and from watching them I can say that the system isn't that bad. But let's be honest all the system has really done is borrow techinques from BJJ, Muay Thai, Escrima and a few others and tweaked them a little bit to it make it more "street oriented" and then taught it as Haganah.

I watched a couple of classes. I saw some of the same stuff I had learned in BJJ for their ground work, some of the same stuff that I learned in Muay Thai for standup, and some of the same knife defense stuff I learned in Escrima.

The POR thing is interesting and I will have to ask them about it next time I see them, but I don't equate Haganah as being revolutionary in any way.

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 12:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are correct, haganah is not revolutionary. It has some nice ideas (like POR), some not so good ideas and plenty of techniques borrowed from other systems (mainly krav maga as far as I have understood). But then, name one system that is completely original...

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 3:11pm

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by YJT
    Are you serious? Why should it bother me? As far as I know, the word "haganah" has never murdered anyone.
    How do history?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deir_Yassin_massacre

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 6:43pm

Style: Ju d'oh!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are correct, haganah is not revolutionary. It has some nice ideas (like POR), some not so good ideas and plenty of techniques borrowed from other systems (mainly krav maga as far as I have understood). But then, name one system that is completely original...
    Oh! Punching! That's original. Or...it was...at the time of it's creation.

Ha, I win.
    :wav:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 9:12pm

Style: Jujutsu, freestyle Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does haganah teach the PROPER way to use large-caliber sniper weapons against unarmed children? I'd hate to think of them learning substandard techniques, after all, some of those Pali kids are carrying ROCKS these days. :qtank:

**** Israel. We should pray that the raghead running Iran follows through with his threats.

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 10:01pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WunHungLo
    Does haganah teach the PROPER way to use large-caliber sniper weapons against unarmed children? I'd hate to think of them learning substandard techniques, after all, some of those Pali kids are carrying ROCKS these days. :qtank:

**** Israel. We should pray that the raghead running Iran follows through with his threats.

Why don't you go over and help them. **** Iran.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 7:05am

Style: Muay Thai & "t3h gr4ppl3"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    Why don't you go over and help them. **** Iran.
    My thoughts exactly. Atleast the Isrealis aren't committing global acts of terrorism in the name of some stupid "holy war". The Isrealis are just trying to protect the little piece of land that they own. I'm not saying that they haven't committed some attrocious acts themselves, but come on, they have given up land to the Palestinians recently and in the past. And no matter what, as long as they're Jews surrounded by Muslims, they're always going to be under attack.

But back on topic...Haganah for the most part sucks with the exception of a few empty handed techniques.

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 7:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebeams
    Im sorry, it seems that I have expressed myself somewhat misleadingly. You have to forgive me, as english is not my native language. I did not mean to imply that I am a part of military organazation by the name of Haganah, or that I have taken part of mass murder of civilians.

What I meant wast that I practice self defence system by the same name. By the way, "haganah" means "defense" in Hebrew. As far as I know, the self defense system called haganah has nothing to do with the military organization, and the self defense system is created by U.S. citizen, not Israeli.

But perhaps we can now get back to the subject of self defense?
    Last edited by YJT; 2/06/2006 7:20am at .

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 9:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im sorry, it seems that I have expressed myself somewhat misleadingly. You have to forgive me, as english is not my native language. I did not mean to imply that I am a part of military organazation by the name of Haganah, or that I have taken part of mass murder of civilians.

What I meant wast that I practice self defence system by the same name. By the way, "haganah" means "defense" in Hebrew. As far as I know, the self defense system called haganah has nothing to do with the military organization, and the self defense system is created by U.S. citizen, not Israeli.

But perhaps we can now get back to the subject of self defense?
    Read the creator's bio. It's named after Haganah. I don't have any particular support for a system that gets its values from them.

For the record, I'm not big on Fatah, either.

Posted On:
    2/06/2006 9:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero
    My thoughts exactly. Atleast the Isrealis aren't committing global acts of terrorism in the name of some stupid "holy war".
    No, they're commiting acts of local terrorism in the name of a different, stupid holy war. With the help of American Christians who thinking helping them with their holy war will help said Christians with their own holy war, 'cause it'll fulfill prophecy.

The Isrealis are just trying to protect the little piece of land that they own. I'm not saying that they haven't committed some attrocious acts themselves, but come on, they have given up land to the Palestinians recently and in the past. And no matter what, as long as they're Jews surrounded by Muslims, they're always going to be under attack.
    Assholes will fight the assholes they're next door to.

As for Haganah the self-defense system, it's more quasi-military wankery. People who want that sort of thing should man up and join an actual army.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast