228413 Bullies, 4287 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 4:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last time I was in need of some bone hardening I just dressed up my old lady in a school girl outfit and.... oooops, wrong forum. Um, yeah, what I meant to say was a... just kick a bag or something. Yeah, that's it.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 5:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Rujtu, shut the **** up, you fucking TKD nut-riding n00b!! If you want harder shin bones, train in Muay Thai. Fucking get a clue, you worthless piece of ****. Welcome to the forum.
    Cut that the **** out.

Safe For Work

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 5:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quick question...does weight lifting (lifting real heavy) increase bone density? I read that on a couple of web sites, but I was wondering if that's the case.

Other than that, I'm going to echo the heavybag/kicking pads advice. Just don't use rolling pins, or kicking concrete pillars/metal poles, to condition your shins.
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 5:24pm

supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rujtu
    Dark Majique, usually when I hit with my knees, it's because my partner has stepped in, so I'm not trying to kick with them, but sometimes it happens.
    It is rather difficult to condition your knees to absorb this kind of impact, whilst in Muay Thai my shins are being reshapen and the nerves deadened in order to make them a more efficient killing machine, :wrestlera however it is still agony when I catch my knee on their shin.
    When I did TKD, because I was chambering the kicks before unleashing them, it enabled me to take into account any positional changes my opponent made so if he stepped in or adjusted his guard, I would change/pull the kick to accomadate that movement and my knees would very rarely come into contact with the person I was sparring
    Possibly the problem is with your technique rather than your soft, pathetic bones. :icon_bigg

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 6:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar Wong
    Quick question...does weight lifting (lifting real heavy) increase bone density....
    Yes, squats and deadlifts will do it, over time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 7:47pm

Style: taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quick question...does weight lifting (lifting real heavy) increase bone density? I read that on a couple of web sites, but I was wondering if that's the case.

Other than that, I'm going to echo the heavybag/kicking pads advice. Just don't use rolling pins, or kicking concrete pillars/metal poles, to condition your shins.
    can you please tell me why I shouldn't use the pins, or kick metal, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Majique
    When I did TKD, because I was chambering the kicks before unleashing them, it enabled me to take into account any positional changes my opponent made so if he stepped in or adjusted his guard, I would change/pull the kick to accomadate that movement and my knees would very rarely come into contact with the person I was sparring
    Possibly the problem is with your technique rather than your soft, pathetic bones.
    Well, it's usually my shins that take the impact, rather than my knees, but as far as it being a problem with my technique, this may be the case. I know I don't chamber my roundhouse kicks if I'm trying to hit the body quick and hard. I feel like the kick isn't as fast if I chamber it. Do you have any suggestions?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 7:58pm

Style: Shen Ku master

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yup, it's true. interesting sidenote, Gene Rychlak reports that whenever he unracks 1000 lbs on bench press he can feel his bones flexing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 8:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    someone else will explain why its better not to like hit your shins with bottles and stuff better than i can- just go into your dojang early and kick the heavyest bag they have with your shins- over time this will condition them as much as you need

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 9:25pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm gonna chime in with the cool kids. Yes, resistance bearing does increase bone density.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    11/08/2004 12:29am

Style: Knife-jitsu o=]==>

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do you want your bones harder?
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast