Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    11/06/2004 11:17pm

Style: fumoffu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by j416to
    Naginata-do is a modern kendo-like sport fencing. They duct tape a thin curved piece of bamboo to the end of a long oak dowel, and then spar with kendo armor and skin protectors. That's what they're suppose to be doing at the Toronto JCC, except that the person leading the naginata-do classes doesn't have a black belt, so all they've been doing for the past year is drills, no sparring, just drills.
    There are more female than male taking up naginata-do,so it is a good way to hook up to japanese babe.
    "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
    - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2004 11:31pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JCC? I thought you meant the Jewish Community Center! lol!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 12:00am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyDaHedgehog
    Are these Japanese Cultural Center things a chain? ....
    They're not commercial chains, but rather community centers that were organized in various cities across North American, by Japanese-Americans and Japanese-Canadians. They were built after WWII, to preserve what was left of their culture, a culture that was a mix of Japanese immigants and their North American born children.

Happy birthday to me.

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 5:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I just came back.....oh man.

Judo was actually a JJJ seminar. Emphasis on those "SD" tactics. There was a cute japanese girl.

Ninjutsu...what a fucking disgrace that was. First off, those guys started about half an hour late. The cast composed of the following:

- 2 geeks you used to lock into lockers in HS
    - 1 enthusiastic fat guy
    - 1 a freakishly tall goth guy with an ugly goth gf
    - 1 black guy from a '70s blaxploitation movie
    - 1 Mid-age white guy sensei

Together they look like a bunch of guys who play D&D together in the white guy's parent's basement. I think they just started this MA (& I use this term loosely) and made **** up as they went along. Throughout the seminar, they even asked for volunteers to defend themselves after being shown 5 minutes of these techniques. yes folks, learning ninjutsu is that easy to learn.

They for some ungodly reason trained using weapons like naginatas, katanas, bos, knives, and this half-sai. They surround one guy and one guy would just do BS techniques that even the RBSD guys would laugh at. Even if I carried a naginata wherever I went and was suddenly found myself in a pentagon of katana wielding attackers, I wouldn't be able to defend myself after training with these guys.

Their session was only 1 and a half hours long. At this point, they've used up 45 mins which includes starting late. So, they take a break. These guys take their wooden knives, holster it behind their belts, and walk to the food area. The break was supposed to be 15 mins. I guess they took 15 minutes in ninja time, but our time was half an hour. When they finally started again, they did some unarmed crap. More made up moves plus a useless "submission hold" was applied. They asked for some volunteers to execute these moves. We left after this. However, this one girl had a pretty nice ass so I video taped some shots of it. I don't know how long they went for, but I had to leave because it was already past the hour and a half.

The highlight of the whole thing was that feeling that I probably have the runs after eating some of the food. For an hour and a half seminar, I have 20 mins worth of crappy video. I'll bring it out on the Throwdown for all to laugh.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 5:54pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by liuzg150181
    There are more female than male taking up naginata-do,so it is a good way to hook up to japanese babe.
    I must look into this... I need to make use of my new-found cauli ear as a Japantang attractor.

Posted On:
    11/08/2004 11:10am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to live near there, across from the Ontario Science Centre actually, the ghetto....
    Ain't thar be another JCC in Scarlem?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12