Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2004 11:50pm

Style: Moo Thai & Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kurt did actually win a Gold medal in Wrestling at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2004 11:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I know Kurt's an actor - I said he isn't just and actor... he's a world class athlete and very good wrestler too. Bas Rutten has been in a few movies too - he's also an actor - but I'm not about to pick a fight with him or try and steal his wallet.

Posted On:
    11/06/2004 2:46am

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pruder didn't keep his legs tight in the half guard, but it Kurt had rolled Pruder would have just followed him over and finished it from the top. Given that Kurt has never trained real submission wrestling it's no surprise Pruder caught him. My guess is they thought Angle would easily pin anyone in the tough enough group, and in that they were right. They just forgot to tell Pruder not to fight back. ;)
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    11/06/2004 2:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's from the WWE show, Tough Enough. He's trying to get into the WWE. They were supposed to be grappling for real, but the guy probably did take it too far. Personally I would have tried for something other than a kimura...
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    11/06/2004 3:06am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddy
    That half guard doesn't look that tight... couldn't he have just rolled out?
    Probably not - the lock would still be on anyway. I actually perfer half-guard for some finishes (such as a guillitine) since the other guy can't stand up and stack.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2004 3:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In any case don't look for Puder to win this contest and get the million dollar contract. My guess is he's already out of the running and the head brass will find some reason to eliminate him from the contest fairly soon (regardless of how many votes he gets). It might be a good ego boost but it's very dumb to embarass and try to injure a star of Angle's caliber on TV like that unscripted. I just hope the other wrestlers backstage don't get vendictive and pull a Hulk Hogan* on the kid.

* Before becoming a wrestler Hogan was a muscian and one night he beat up a pro-wrestler in a bar. The guy and his friends invited Hogan to "wrestle" with them and broke his leg to return the favor. That was Hulk's intro to his new career.

Posted On:
    11/06/2004 11:06am

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's too bad, but yes Angle can destroy this guys career with a word. They should have given the contestants clear instructions back stage about what to do.

The guy that did that to Hogan was a trained shoot wrestler from Japan, and he did it because Hogan was acting cocky in his school. Those kinds of wrestlers are becoming pretty rare in WWE wrestling today. In fact I don't think there are any now. William Regal knows a few holds, but by reputation is not that good at catch wrestling. The Stu Hart's of the world just didn't pass alot of that along to the pro wrestling trainees in later years. Now 20 years ago, they would have taken Pruder out back and messed him up bad for that stunt. But it's much more of a business these days.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    11/06/2004 12:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are driving me crazy.

The whole thing was prearranged. Puder wasn't trying to sub Angle. He was trying to make it look like he was.

It is obvious to me, as a prowrestling fan my entire life, that Angle and Puder were told to wrestle for a few seconds, neither gaining the upper hand, and then go to the ground with Puder on bottom. Puder was supposed to go for the kimura and Angle was supposed to let him have it. Puder would almost tap out Angle, but lose due to him making the rookie mistake of going for a sub while on his back in a wrestling match. If anything, Puder fucked up by not making sure his shoulders were down.

Even the promotion of Puder as a UFC fighter is a work, as they call it in the business. His MMA record is 4-0, but he's never fought in the UFC.

Genius

Posted On:
    11/06/2004 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just watched a clip of this entire match. It does look staged, like prowrestling normally is.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Posted On:
    11/06/2004 1:22pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    I'm still confused as to why this occured. Did the MMA'er not realize that he is supposed to lose and collect a paycheck?
    angle was taking challenge matches the dude was the second guy to tak eon angle and he asked the ref if he could do sub's and they said yes. the rest was history, they counted him pinned even thogh he wasnt pinned all the way on the kimura. they was ust scared that angle was bout to get his shoulder dislocated.

on a side not there is a famous radio DJ down here called Bubba and him and angle are friends and he sometimes talks on his radio show(all the good wrestlers seems to live around here). and angle said and i quote 'im a better wrestler they every other wrestler in the wwe now, and he could start on the bottum and still pin just about every other wrestler in the wwe"
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast