Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 1:10am

supporting member
     Style: MuayThai,Igo Ryu Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know if he'll be able to develope submission defence by then......Yoshida obviusly isn't a top striker but he went the whole way with Silva without getting drilled by a knee or a punch so hes got the advantage there. They both have the best clinch games....I dunno it seems to me Rulon's only advantage is size.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 1:34am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by supercrap
    Typical American.
    Typical idiot.

:evil6:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 1:43am

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MUT
    I don't know if he'll be able to develope submission defence by then......Yoshida obviusly isn't a top striker but he went the whole way with Silva without getting drilled by a knee or a punch so hes got the advantage there. They both have the best clinch games....I dunno it seems to me Rulon's only advantage is size.
    I'd say his size is an advantage plus the ability to throw without the gi. Not sure how much Judo guys practice throws without gi's but that's what greco roman is good at. If he's truly training with Team Quest he'll have some dirty boxing and subs up his sleave. Nothing to great but there. Should be intresting...

Quote Originally Posted by brandeissansoo
    He beat Alexander Karelin. You're just ignorant.
    Yeah, now that's a sore subject for me. I'm an American through and through but I really wanted Karelin to go out undefeated. I had that much respect for him. But if yer gonna loose... best it's to the US.
    :bowdown:
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 8:37am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Travesty? *snort* Look, no one is excited by a win by stalling. But first, stalling in Greco ain't like lay and pray in sub wrestling. It still takes lots of energy and Rulon tired Karelin out. After, Karelin looked tired and Rulon was turning cartwheels. Second, Rulon beat him fair and square. Karelin wasn't robbed by a bad judges decision or anything like that. And third, Rulon is legit. That win over Karelin wasn't a fluke. He wrestled a tough match to face Karelin in the Gold medal round and came back this year to win bronze. Is Rulon the wrestler Karelin was overall? No. But he deserved that medal and he is one of America's top wrestlers period.

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 9:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wastrel
    Please, no one is permitted to reference this complete travesty without first giving us a summary of Karelin's absolute superiority, and then showing how a small rules change led to a fluke victory by stall over Karelin, the most amazing human being who ever lived.
    If I could, I would give this man 1000 pos rep points for the above statement.

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 9:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me add this:
    Rulon would tie me into a pretzel and dunk me in his beer, but I am not afraid of him.
    Karelin scares the bejesus out of me.

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 9:06am

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gardner caught Karelin at the end of his career. In his prime that match lasts about 30 seconds with Gardner getting slammed and pinned. I want to see him try that stalling garbage in the ring, and get hammered in the face in the process. Yoshida by tap out in the first round.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 9:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, I don't think anyone would deny that Karelin would have won in his prime, but people who don't know anything about Rulon's wrestling career apart from that one match should stop making judgements. He is NOT a staller. He did not stall in his matches this Olympics, nor has he made a career of stalling for wins in his other matches and Olympic qualifiers.

It so happens I predict Yosh, too. However, that is because Judo is already closer to MMA (with it's subs) than Greco that doesn;t even allow you to attack the legs.

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 9:17am

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He won the bronze last time on stalling as well. That's his entire game plan. Push and stall, wait until the other guy is tired from attacking then win by a point.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 9:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're simply wrong. He did not stall in that match. And he won it 3-0.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast