Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 7:19am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok people, here's another update. The police station has decided to change the dates of everything. Now, the academy starts in December, not January. The agility test is on November 20th, not in December...and the interview comes before the agility test, so that means I have like a couple of weeks before my interview. This is crazy, I feel like I have no time to prepare.

I talked to my friend about all this and he had a pretty good suggestion. I think one of you already said it too, and I think I might just do that. I could just hopefully get the job with the PD now, and then after a couple of years working for them, I can try to start some night classes or maybe online courses or something for business and whatever else would be good for my "dream", so I'll already have a lot of money from being on the force for those years, and I can keep training as much as possible while I'm a cop, so that eventually I'll be finished with the schooling and be ready to try to open up my own place. Maybe I could manage both at the same time, or, if the business is successful enough, I could just quit the force. In either case, I think that would probably be my safest bet for my future, while still getting to pursue my dream.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 11:56am

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good on ya, KF. You can make a good living, do some good work, and STILL have a school. Remember, life doesn't end at 42. In fact, it's really just starting. If you are eligible to 'retire' at 42 and get a pension while you establish yourself as a full time MA instructor...well, my friend, your life just got a whole lot easier.

In the meantime, you can take college courses, train your ass off, and maybe start building a rep as a Martial Artist by competing (if that's your thing). By the time you are ready to teach, people in the MA community will know you. It will add to your credibility.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2004 11:50am

Style: Tang Soo Do, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Start your own tv series, or try casting as a Power Ranger.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345