Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 2:59pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mididoctors
    multiple opponents?

the only area of contention is multiple opponents...

this only arises as few people claim to have done it.

in the hawaiian clip if the situation had been reversed and the skinny guy was the BJJ dude and had taken down the hawaiian aandd the hawaiians mate was standing there what would have happened?

fighting has a lot to do with morale and perception of those involved and dispite being totaly unversed in grappling AND being someone who claims to actually have "won" against multiple opponents more than once (no i havn't got any fffing video evidence) I do not rule out ground fighting as a option in such a scenario thou I would like to hear from people who have done it.

i find it hard to believe people have not been in fights with multiple opponents as many fights are. even if the others didn't come to the aid of their mate being mounted and GnP this anecdotal evidence would be intersting in it self

Boris
    london

ive been in several fights and havent once ever been jumped. of course i know when and where to fight and usually the threat of them later being jumped kept them from not doing jumping me. but coming from some whos been in several fights with multiple pepole and won, i find this hard to beleive maybe once or twice but all the time seems to be an exaggarration.
    Last edited by Bizzaro Root; 11/04/2004 4:44pm at .
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 3:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Learn the grappling, then "hump" your friends into submission and see how much they respect you then.

Every structure has a base, if you manipulate that base, you can bring the structure down. Good grapplers know how to attack the base of the opponent, thus bringing them down, no matter what their size is.

lol i put my wrestling friends in the closed guard when we wrestled one day, and the first thing he says is "stop humping me dude". i slap an arm bar on and fuckers was so big and strong he stacked me then picked me up while in the bar. i let go for fear that something bad was about to happen he didnt really seem to notice tho. he out ways me by 80 lbs.

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Genius

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 3:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's a wrestler, thus instead of you humping him.. he humped you. That's funny.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 3:57pm

Style: MMA Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I hate when people refer to ground grappling as humping and ****. Its funny cause they always seem to eat an armbar

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 3:58pm

Style: Derek jones

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzaro Root
    i bee in several fights and havent once ever been jumped of course i know when and where to fight and usually the threat of them later being jumped kept them from not doing it. but coming from some who mbeen in bunches of fights with multiples and won, i find this hard to beleive my once ot twice but all the time seems to be exaggarrated.
    what?

Boris
    London

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 4:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    umm guess that was my finest typing and grammar moment, its fixed.

Easily Distracted by Food.

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 5:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Q: Doesn't the presence of broken glass, needles, lava, sharks, etc. on the ground make groundfighting a bad idea even if you're good at it?

A fight is an unpredictable event and going to the ground is a possibility. You may not have the luxery of keeping the fight standing especially if you do not train in proper takedown defenses. You may also trip, or slip on something, or...the list goes on and on.

Learning groundfighting will give you the ability to continue to defend yourself as well as teach you proper, safe ways to stand back up.

----

Hope that makes sense. Feel free to add/edit it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 5:17pm

Style: Derek jones

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzaro Root
    umm guess that was my finest typing and grammar moment, its fixed.

i still don't get it?

basicly your saying "no I did not fight to multiple opponents in those fights"?

Boris
    london

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/05/2004 11:41am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know how to put this in authoritative prose, but here is some anecdotal information on ground fighting I got last night from a brown belt named "Crazy" James. He used to do all sorts of challenge matches and fight in parking lots because people would insult his jiu-jitsu (as advertised on his baseball cap), "Your kung fu is no good" style.

James told a story about a kung fu fighter challenging him, and before their fight saying "I'm going to dig your eyes out." Oh nos, the dreaded eye gouge! The ground fighter will be defenseless!

Actually, here was James' solution: Clinch, close his eyes and get a takedown, and continue the fight on the ground with his eyes shut. He said he got his face scratched like hell from a bunch of face rakes, but his eyes were fine AND he choked the guy anyway.

He also fought some bastard who tried eye gouges, finger breaks and other such "dirty" tactics, and all that ended up happening was James got pissed off and broke the guy's arm.

If someone wants to turn this into a formal answer to the "Oh nos teh eye gouge!" question, I guess this just adds to the idea that "dirty tricks" are not the fight stoppers like people suspect, and that an experienced ground fighter will be able to dominate and control someone to such a degree as to make these attacks ineffectual.

Genius

Posted On:
    11/05/2004 11:54am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, close your eyes and squeeze them shut, eye-gouge will likely not happen unless the opponent has superior position to really dig the thumbs in. Then again, if he has superior position, he probably has grappling experience himself.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast