Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 7:43am

Style: shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tkdan28
    yeah!!! whot he **** is he to tell me what I can think and how old I am!! I've lived as long as his motherfucking ass... all my life mutherfucker! Screw mayhem... where do you live bitch? give me an addy Ill be there tonite... fuckin aaarrrgggh!

What are you talking about Mayhem, I see no evidence of anger or immaturity here :icon_roll I'm sure tkdan is just trying to be funny, at least I hope he is...if not, well, point proven.

Interesting question though, if not just a little pointless. If I were to wager a guess, I've noticed through the years that most of the practioners tend to be between 18-25. An interesting exception tends to be traditional karate. In my dojo, I would put the average age to be 45, with many of the practioners either closing in on or have over 30 years of training. So, you would likely find a younger crowd in the MMA or CMA and an older crowd in the TMA. I think household income or race is totally irrelivant. Once we put on the gi or training cloths, there is no seperation of race, gender or status....at least there shouldn't be.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 8:06am

Style: Kali/Jun Fan/CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^
    The above 2 posters appear rather dense, humourwise.

Actually, this post is just an excuse to ask tkdan who the hottie in his avatar is. :love3:

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 8:34am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by brandeissansoo
    What possible good can come from these statistics?

This year I was put in charge of trying to find sponsors for our Grand Nationals. The biggest obstacle I came across was the question of demographics. A lot of them wanted to know the age group of the consumers, the average income and other items such as that. So I am trying to be proactive for next year and try to have these answers for them when I approach them again.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 8:35am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reikon
    I'd like average monthly costs, etc. Would be good for comparing prices when choosing a new dojo.
    For that you would have to compare by area. What would be considered cheap in one area of the country would be considered too pricey in another area.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Middleweight

2 hours from the beach, 4 from the mountains

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 9:22am

supporting member
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geijhan
    ^^
    The above 2 posters appear rather dense, humourwise.

Actually, this post is just an excuse to ask tkdan who the hottie in his avatar is. :love3:
    yeah, and here I was worrying that the pirate scream at the end was over the top. She's Charlotte Lewis... she was tied up with toliet paper in The Golden Child and did a nakey lesbo scene with Alyssa Milano in Embrace of the Vampire... but I am not obsessed with her, no I'm not.
    Seventh: If you think TKD doesn’t work, your right, until you get the side of you face smashed with a roundhouse kick. -- ronin69

It's just that I carry weapons and have no moral compass anymore. -- JKDChick

At least until the Wing Chun clown car arrives. --JKDC
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12