Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/03/2004 2:27am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, you're in much better condition that I am. I'm a CS student so I've been going in 1-2 times a week tops. I'm really hoping I draw some JJJ guy or maybe someone from Tsunami just because they're pricks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2004 2:28pm

Style: karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're in CS? So am I at Ryerson (3rd year) If you saw me on wednesday, you'd say otherwise about my condition. i hear it's 20 ppl or more so at least 4 matches * 5 mins .... that's gonna tax me for sure. Plus no friggin coaching from what I hear, WTF? BTW how are the JJJ guys from Tsunami pricks? Do they do illegal moves and junk? Or just their attitudes?
    Last edited by thexder; 11/03/2004 2:30pm at .

Posted On:
    11/03/2004 4:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JJJ was just a joke because Apostol does it, and so do some other terrible grapplers I've seen.
    Tsunami is a Judo club known for hurting other people at shiais but I doubt they'll show up at Joslin's.

4x5min? That's not terrible. I usually roll for two solid hours at class.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2004 5:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow 2 hours straight? I'll do two hours but I sorta take breaks in between rolling and sometimes instead of rolling I drill a set of movements with resistance. I also start off from my knees, and with the stand up emphasis as of late, that's where my cardio tax comment came from.

It's not that I havent had some stand up training, it's just that when I have it it's my most tiring day, and I barely roll those days (mostly drill). I guess you can call drilling semi(demi?)-rolling, as my partner and I usually end up going for the submission (ie when doing guard passing, or when I'm practising escaping one of the mounts).

My comment of the 4 * 5mins comes from the fact that although rolling is sorta like competition grappling, I'm not as worried about the outcome from sparring as I am from the tourney. I've rolled and lost for almost 2 hours straight with blue belts (im a whitey) and had the cardio to go on. On the other hand, the gauntlet training I've been in drains me in like 15 mins. Oh well, I'll find out soon enough whether I've spent my time wisely in no-gi, or whether I'm a cardio putz.

Posted On:
    11/03/2004 6:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I did some standing work this weekend against guys well over 162, followed by live sidemount escape/submission drills. I rolled a bit afterwards and had to take off after I got murdered by the purples a couple of time. I have no skin left on my fingers but I finally nailed uchi mata and tomoe nage.

I know rolling is nothing like a tourney, however I doubt my cardio will be a factor. We usually do 10min rounds all night to account for that fact.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 12:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ouch the grips really tear off the skin when doing Judo throws? Well with 10 minute rounds you are much better off than I. Good Luck on the tourney and rest well.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234