Ouch. That leaves marks.

Sardonic or Sarcastic?

Posted On:
    11/02/2004 8:13am

supporting member
     Style: Filipino Kun Tao, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have a problem with no helmets but as Treehugger Ken suggested, goggles would be smarter. It's all fun and killing people until someone loses an eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I would so do Buttsecks.

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    11/02/2004 10:52am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya
    One thing to remember, part of the reason they video taped and did this whole event is to dispell alot of the myths about no armor stick-fighting. Also note in the video, Tuhon Tom Kier is fighting. I am not a big Sayoc fan, nor a Dog Brothers fan, but he is the guy who broke Top Dog's arm (or was it his leg) at his first attendance of a gathering.
    Just a small point about that fight. Tuhon Kier did not break Top's leg, what happened was that Tom crashed into Top, they both went flying into the crowd and upon landing Top's knee was either sprained or popped out of joint. Nothing was broken and Top was fine by the end of the day. Taking nothing away from Tuhon Kier (nor Top)...this was a match between two phenomenal fighters who both are at a skill level we all should be aiming for.
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2004 3:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the extra info Poidog. Like I said, I am not a big Sayoc or DB fan, so I dont keep up with that stuff. Just remembered hearing something along the lines a few years back, and figured there are enough DB nutriders here, that it may put the fighters in the vids qualifications in better perspective.

Anyways, there is a logic, that even goggles feeds into the whole too much protection racket. At a certain level, you will try to drop as many of these psychological hangups as possible in training. Along the same idea, that rattan is for beginners, as you progress you should move to live blades. There are many guys out there who train with live blades instead of training knives. It is all dependent on where you are at in your own training, and what your personal goals are (if part time hobby is your goal then more intense training is not probably for you). For everyone's own level of hard-core, there is some guy out there who will laugh. I myself, am not comfortable enough to fight without some head protection. I would love to be there, but know I am not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2004 4:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks amiable to me.
    Last edited by SCO; 11/07/2004 2:54pm at .

I got an axe to grind

Posted On:
    11/02/2004 5:18pm

supporting member
     Style: thai.kali.no-gi.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amiable? Ja. Good guys training hard! Props to Sayoc!!!

Hard to tell from the footage shown but I'd like to see
    some of their Largo game (though that corto **** is
    mad impressive.. crazy fookers ::respectful grin:::)

And "intelligent people can make allowances for headgear/armour"

BULL FUCKING ****!

Pain is the teacher.. get clotted in the head a few times
    without the headgear and you will be getting the
    **** out of the way.

Goggles would be a good thing though.. punjos to the
    face are nasty things.
    let's talk about why fat-fu shall we?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/02/2004 5:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Firearms, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by poidog
    Just a small point about that fight. Tuhon Kier did not break Top's leg, what happened was that Tom crashed into Top, they both went flying into the crowd and upon landing Top's knee was either sprained or popped out of joint. Nothing was broken and Top was fine by the end of the day. Taking nothing away from Tuhon Kier (nor Top)...this was a match between two phenomenal fighters who both are at a skill level we all should be aiming for.
    I've never trained with Top Dog, but I've seen Tuhon Tom in action and that man's skill is just amazing. Also to those that do not know, this is the Sayoc Fighting System we are seeing here, not Sayoc Kali.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/04/2004 12:14am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Poidog, is it true Lynn Thompson isn't allowed to attend Gatherings anymore?

The rumor among knife people a couple of years back was that he fought at one gathering, then bragged that he had "beaten up the Dog Brothers" with his perfect fighting art, essentially using the DB name for advertising.

I never saw those ads, but knowing Thompson, I didn't have a hard time believing he would do something like that.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12