Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 9:44am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoleFighter
    xNathanx: He BIT him in the leg. That's how he got out of it. It's basically a broken arm vs teethmarks on your leg.. I wonder who'd win that fight?

But I bet WC-fighter learn to chain punch with broken arms.
    Of course they can. It's simply a matter of adaptability, which is the hallmark of any style exhibiting aliveness - just like WT/WC/VT. As a system of principles, all techniques learned while standing can be applied while on the ground. Just like SCARS.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFools
    And exactly the reason why a superior system such as ours is governed by principles rather than techniques, the emphasis of every other system on the planet.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=17951&page=1
    Last edited by MrMcFu; 11/01/2004 9:53am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 10:21am

Style: Sambo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    xNathanx: He BIT him in the leg. That's how he got out of it. It's basically a broken arm vs teethmarks on your leg.. I wonder who'd win that fight?

But I bet WC-fighter learn to chain punch with broken arms.
    I see, I go all caught up in looking for technique or a legit counter, how could I miss the bite? Ahh the power of Wing Chun.

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 10:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I just watched it. While I do think it is good they showed some grappling examples, no trained grappler would be making the mistakes that led to those techniques and reversals.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 10:26am

Style: BAGUA - HSINGI - BOXING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    damn! that's one BIG file!! Very good techniques though. Better than most VT clips or Sparring that I've seen.
    Last edited by BaguaZhang; 11/01/2004 10:45am at .

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 11:05am

Style: wingy chingy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Te(V)plar
    Probably not, since only an idiot punches like that in a fight.

Seriously, ya'll are bashing an entire system because of videos you see on the internet?
    Obviously some of the stuff in the vid sucks. It's a demo. Trash the people who's demo it is if you want. maybe one of them is on bullshido and can respond.

Well, all I can say is that you shouldn't make stupid judgements until you go and touch hands with people from the system you are trashing. Just like any other martial art, some schools suck and others are good. Amazing, isn't it? So, If you really wanted to feel ving tsun, you should go and touch hands with a bunch of different schools. Then come back and talk about how wing chun sucks if that is what you think.

I mean, I could draw alot of conclusions about tae kwon do or muay thai, because I have seen alot of crappy videos on the internet. But I'm not going to, because I've never worked out with a tae kwon do or muay thai guy. Oh well. Flame on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 11:08am

Style: Derek jones

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i thought it was contrived .

what is the point of chi sau on a box?

the repeated use of double press downs and at least once with a kick is meaningless as it is nigh unblockble givin the chi sau starting position,, its not like he used his sensitiivity to read the starting point.

the stop hits on rushing attackrs took some serious risk in placing the attacker offside and stepping into the rear leg.. crossing the axis of a commited front foot really leaves the opponents rear leg 3 options

1. stand still (as the demo?)

2 step somewhere

3.kick ... often lashing out unthinking while you move your groin/ body into its path?

Boris
    London

Didn't so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 11:20am

Style: Ex-TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some things I noticed about the vid:

1. The achilles lock that guy tried to pull around 2:40 is rediculous. The only reason the other guy was able to pull out like that was because the attacker wasn't doing the kimura thing with his hands. He did attempt to post his foot though, at least he got that right.

2. These guys seem to assume that someone will go down from one strike. I see a lot of 73h d34dly one-hit KO's here, and I think they're kidding themselves. Does WC in general do this kind of crap?

3. The multiple attackers thing was MAS.

4. The chi sau (I think that's what it's called) at the end of the video looked pretty weak to me.

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 11:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by grond
    Seriously, ya'll are bashing an entire system because of videos you see on the internet?
    Obviously some of the stuff in the vid sucks. It's a demo. Trash the people who's demo it is if you want. maybe one of them is on bullshido and can respond.

Well, all I can say is that you shouldn't make stupid judgements until you go and touch hands with people from the system you are trashing. Just like any other martial art, some schools suck and others are good. Amazing, isn't it? So, If you really wanted to feel ving tsun, you should go and touch hands with a bunch of different schools. Then come back and talk about how wing chun sucks if that is what you think.

I mean, I could draw alot of conclusions about tae kwon do or muay thai, because I have seen alot of crappy videos on the internet. But I'm not going to, because I've never worked out with a tae kwon do or muay thai guy. Oh well. Flame on.
    Nope, they are all bullshido.

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 11:25am

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grond: do you know of any clips of good wing chun or other kung-fu sparring? I'd really like to see that. I keep hearing about the good WC, but I've never seen it, to be honest. Pretty much every system seems to have at least something good in it though. If you feel up to it, why don't you just film a friendly sparring match between you and a friend?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 11:29am

Style: Derek jones

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grond: do you know of any clips of good wing chun or other kung-fu sparring? I'd really like to see that. I keep hearing about the good WC, but I've never seen it, to be honest. Pretty much every system seems to have at least something good in it though. If you feel up to it, why don't you just film a friendly sparring match between you and a friend?
    show me a clip of decent sparring...never mind the style?

Boris
    london
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast