Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 7:46am

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I found some Wing Chun groundfighting!

(Disclaimer: clip might be old, please don't flame me if it is. Just let it drop)

At around 2:40 they show how a WC fighter cannot be mounted. The assailent is forced to foolishly attempt what could possibly be interpreted as a leg lock. Of course he fails, and gets chain punched and... arm barred? But lo and behold, the attacker is also well versed in wing chund and BITES himself out of it.

Also check out the mugger scenario that follows, at least to check out some eastern european hoods.

http://www.meihua.ee/video/FestALL(medium_quality).wmv

Stallowned!

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 8:11am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vid took forever to load, but its worth it. The moves they have are pretty eye candy, and look effective to the untrained eye, but it's all BS. I never realized the way Kung Fu practioners punched was that ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY RETARDED. It's just comically bad. Seriously, I would punch like that if I was joking around with someone. Are they fucking insane? What's the rationale behind that sort of ****? Also, that groundfighting was retarded. The kid was in a fucking ARMBAR. He did no actual counter to it to get the top mount, if the guy applying it actually knew how to fight on the ground, rather than trying to give his shitty MA some cred, then the other kid would've been SOL.

This thing ran like a checklist of typical demo ****:
    1) Discredit REAL fighting arts (i.e. BJJ)
    2) We can take multiple attackers
    3) This will prevent femme rappage
    4) OMG TEH L337 BLINDFOLD FIGHTING

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 8:52am

Style: Derek jones

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 8:54am

Style: BJJ / Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's interesting to see the WC counter to the shoot and armbar. I wonder, are there any styles out there (other than WC, obviously) that train specifically to counter chain-punching?? I'll have to ask sensei at next training...

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 9:02am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this has been brought up before several times. It has been proved there are two effective counters to armbars in WC/WT/VT.

1. One, let your opponent armbar each arm and break it, thus allowing you to "flow like water" and be unaffected by any of his unnatural joint manipulations.

2. After being armbarred, a true WC/WT/VT practitioner acquires a combat flexibility and can use their broken forearms as "spnning pinwheels of death" in order to demolish the attackers.

The first one was passed down to me through many generations of true WT, and the second one was discovered by Punisher.

Stallowned!

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 9:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeVaEeTa
    It's interesting to see the WC counter to the shoot and armbar. I wonder, are there any styles out there (other than WC, obviously) that train specifically to counter chain-punching?? I'll have to ask sensei at next training...
    Probably not, since only an idiot punches like that in a fight.
    Last edited by Te(V)plar; 11/01/2004 9:25am at .

Stallowned!

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 9:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMcFu
    I think this has been brought up before several times. It has been proved there are two effective counters to armbars in WC/WT/VT.

1. One, let your opponent armbar each arm and break it, thus allowing you to "flow like water" and be unaffected by any of his unnatural joint manipulations.

2. After being armbarred, a true WC/WT/VT practitioner acquires a combat flexibility and can use their broken forearms as "spnning pinwheels of death" in order to demolish the attackers.

The first one was passed down to me through many generations of true WT, and the second one was discovered by Punisher.
    LOLLERSKATES, irl

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 9:25am

Style: Sambo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the flying knee at 2:05, and the little kid's spinning back kick.

Over all it wasn't bad. I thought the ground and pound would have been more effective if it had included some kind of control rather than just bending over and punching them, like around 3:08 when the kid actually kneels down next to the other guy, rather than going for knee on belly, but oh well, I did like the use of soccer kicks.

Also, I don't really understand how he got out of that armbar, they even replayed it to make it look intense.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 9:28am

Style: Derek jones

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeVaEeTa
    it is realitivily easy

jam at the elbow with any block you like..the punch rotates at this distance hence block/jam one jam all...

do not try and stop the hands the other one can come in.

chain punching is ok as a single technique fo the low skilled fighter under stress looking for "something" to do.. but it is overated not so much it isn't powerful enough as much as hitting more thn twice dosen't work a the target moves.

it is generaly thrown too soon and used as some advancing wall of punches.. YMMV a great deal depending on the mettle of your opponent.

Boris
    LLondon

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 9:41am

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    xNathanx: He BIT him in the leg. That's how he got out of it. It's basically a broken arm vs teethmarks on your leg.. I wonder who'd win that fight?

But I bet WC-fighter learn to chain punch with broken arms.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast