Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2004 7:10am

Style: any

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there is a reason the chi concept has existed in china for thousands of years and so many people believe it. It is like god, you must feel it than youll undertand. If you dont want to believe and if you are not open minded you never will.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2004 7:12am

Style: Hashashin.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by serious harm
    At the end of the "Empire Strikes Back", Luke Skywalker uses a meditation technique, based on a real technique, to contact Princess Leia. He uses a strong concentrated thought, asking for Ben Kenobi to save him. Then he changes quikly , using a normal thought to send the concentrated thought to Princess Leia. Just kidding LOLOLOL! Or am I?

Anyways Sar Wars is actually a pretty fun movie series to watch, I don't think masters care about money or suing anyone. They have made little bits of their teachings public for thousands of years.
    You do realize you're referencing a Science Fiction movie as exemplifying ...oh I don't care.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2004 8:03am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GraveDigger
    lol srry

AHHHH!!!! BURN MY EYES OUT!!!!!

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    11/02/2004 8:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My 2 cents:
    Chi was/is probably just "breath" or "air".
    Now, there is nothing more vital than correct breathing in the MA, hince "chi" is of vital importance.
    Now, is there anything more vital than breathing for good health? No.
    Agian, "chi" is of the upmost importance to health.

Now, IF chi is the "bio-electrical" field that all living things give out, then we can see the "theory" about chi being "energy".

Can chi be manipulated?
    IF the chi we are talking about is "breath", yes, of course, we do it all the time, so do all athletes.
    IF chi is the "bio-electrical" field, it MAY be able to increase/decrease the intensity, but to what purpose?

Now, if chi is something like the "spirit" or the "soul", well, then you are getting into a whole new ballgame.

And I ain't touch that with 10,000 foot pole.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    11/02/2004 8:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think SH has a problem with speed.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/02/2004 10:33am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could go on reading this thread, or I could just go to any other thread Serious Harm posted on and read the same crap: "all is vibration, all is qi." This will degenerate into a debate between those who live here on earth and the the dreamers with bizarre post-adolescent superhero fantasies and a latent need to feel remarkable without actually doing anything remarkable.

A couple of intelligent people will post definitions and attempt to get serious to concede that science exsists, and ask for some sort of proof o f qi...Serious will post 600 links to sites that claim to offer proof of qi but really just use the same circular arguments he does. There will be some name calling, posssibly a challenge. The fact that Serious still posts here is proof to me that he is merely a determined troll who like to fire us up. Like most minor nuisances, if you ignore him he will probably go away.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2004 11:28am

Style: Internal/extern

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, what I said is that qi is not in the mind, is not hypnotism, does not require beleif, and can be felt very strongly. Basically what I am saying is that the energy of qi is related to, and as real as the kind of energy produced by a Tens machine. To say it is a belief shows a lack of experience.

ANother point is that qi can be generated with the mind. Or through physical movements, breathing etc. So it is related to concioussness. It is not all that complicated, but requires practice to understand, and can't be experienced through reading about it.
    Last edited by serious harm; 11/02/2004 11:30am at .

Genius

Posted On:
    11/02/2004 11:30am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronin, you are somewhat correct about the original chinese definition of "Chi" when it comes to medicine and health. It means breath or air. However, the chinese always have had mystical nonsense about air, there was good "Chi" and bad "Chi" that flowed and cultivating good "Chi" was thought to heal people and such, where bad "chi" caused disease. It really is a bunch of nonsense, but thus is the culture of many asian countries. Where "western" countries have somewhat kept religion and science seperate, the "eastern" countries intermixed the two. This is why the eastern countries still have a very hard time letting go of thier beliefs in chi-healing and the like. This intermixing of religion, science and psuedo-science is starting to infect western countries now. That's why we see homeopathy, chiropractic care and other nonsense being sold by major hospitals anymore. This alternative med industry is worth over a billion dollars.

Want to buy a healing crystal?
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Posted On:
    11/02/2004 11:31am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We need a word filter that changes "qi" to "buttsex".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2004 11:39am

Style: Internal/extern

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Qi is what creates, constitutes, governs and sustains air. As well and how it relates to humans and the human body itself. Qigong is not religous. Religion is only how modern people view it, because they don't understand it at all. In religioun you cultivate virtue, try to follow the religion, and perhaps make spiritual progress and have more virtue for after you die. Qigong cultivates the persons body to a higher vibration of which virtue is the base, but the mind itself must be cultivated and transcended in qigong.

Energy and mind are related, due to the fact that a qigong practitioner can create the same energy sensation that a Tens machine creates, but with the mind or exercises.

There is a saying, without food you can go for a while without dying, water even less, air only a few minutes, but without qi you are dead. A Taijiquan saying says, the mind lead the qi, and the qi leads the blood.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast