Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 9:11am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva's ground game should be kick ass. He is a BJJ blackbelt AND a Muay Thai demon. I will try and see the whole thing as soon as possible.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 10:00am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was impressed by hunt's no touch KO. apparently he has been to the dillman seminars. and a big WTF to those "shoulder dislocations", especially the Henderson v. Nakamura fight (it looked like it was going to be a good damn fight, bah).

Grandmaster of Ou-chi!

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 10:15am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The whole card - except for Allistair "Overhyped" was outstanding. Even the Bobish - Hunt fight was good. Thought Bobish had that one. Hunt DID look like he was embarassed with the fight. He couldn't help it that Bobish gassed.

Rampage vs. Silva - kinda like the last fight. Rampage had the first round. At the start of the second you could see he was pretty much gasssed. Like TylerDurden said the punch should have finished him. Best fight of the night. The pool of blood on the mat and coming from Jackson was pretty cool. Even my wife liked the fight.

2 dislocated shoulders!!! WTF!!!

Was surprised by the fight between the English guy and Fedors bro - Alexander. Alexander looked like he was bored. Guess it proves you shold never underestimate your opponent.

Arona, to me, was a punk. He submitted the guy than keeps the hold after the bell. Still mad about the slam from Jackson. He should be. Jackson looked like he was going to slam Silva acouple of times but Silva let go to avoid the slam.

One last observation - KNEES, KNEES, KNEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Grandmaster of Ou-chi!

Achievements:

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 10:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by locu5
    i was impressed by hunt's no touch KO. apparently he has been to the dillman seminars. and a big WTF to those "shoulder dislocations", especially the Henderson v. Nakamura fight (it looked like it was going to be a good damn fight, bah).
    Watch the replay. Hunt connected - then Bobish goes down. You must go to Dillman seminars where they teach the "No Watch" KO.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 10:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hunt did hit bobbish with a good round kick to the gutt, but bobbish was already completely out of gass and would have gone down anyway.

Silva almost got some submissions.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 10:21am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    rofl, we watched the replay a few times. iirc (back me up anyone else who saw it) that the shot hunt "connected" with was a rather weak kick to the rib area. we talked about the possibility of it being a liver shot, but i am dubious. i maintain that hunt has impressive chi until you can present video evidence to the contrary. kkthxbye.

I punch people

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 11:31am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arona, to me, was a punk. He submitted the guy than keeps the hold after the bell. Still mad about the slam from Jackson. He should be. Jackson looked like he was going to slam Silva acouple of times but Silva let go to avoid the slam.
    I think he just wanted to make sure damn well he won before releasing that choke, and I don't blame him. He stopped prematurely when he dazed Jackson with his heel kicks from guard their last encounter. I feel Arona just didn't want to make the same mistake twice.
    It's only fun and games until somebody loses and eye. Then it's fun and games in two dimensions!

Grandmaster of Ou-chi!

Achievements:

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 3:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luan
    I think he just wanted to make sure damn well he won before releasing that choke, and I don't blame him. He stopped prematurely when he dazed Jackson with his heel kicks from guard their last encounter. I feel Arona just didn't want to make the same mistake twice.
    I remember that being said as they did the replay. Okay, because of that I retract my statement about him being a punk. Still, he won't stand a chance against Silva.

Grandmaster of Ou-chi!

Achievements:

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 3:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by locu5
    rofl, we watched the replay a few times. iirc (back me up anyone else who saw it) that the shot hunt "connected" with was a rather weak kick to the rib area. we talked about the possibility of it being a liver shot, but i am dubious. i maintain that hunt has impressive chi until you can present video evidence to the contrary. kkthxbye.
    I paid to watch and recorded the fight. If you watched the replays then you obviously saw the smack Hunt put on Bobish right before the "weak kick" to the ribs that preceded Bobish going down. I believe it was a right upper cut. Am probably wrong.

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 3:24pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMcFu
    Silva's ground game should be kick ass. He is a BJJ blackbelt AND a Muay Thai demon.
    He got the BJJ black for vale tudo fights though, not for the traditional gi/no-gi path. I belive it was the subject of some controversy in Brazil.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast