Genius

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 4:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    No, again, it means that people aren't practising the religion they espouse.
    The religion according to what doctrines? If it's the bible, there are a few too many contradictions to make that assessment.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Genius

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 4:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to believe teaching martial arts is hypocritical to christianity, then so be it. I think christians are often hypocritical in many other aspects, just not this one.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2004 11:04am

Style: www.sssfighting.com

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    er-

So much dogma so little time...
    religion and martial science have held hands before right? Perhaps shaolin temple? I dont see any reason why someone could whole heartedly follow the doctrine of Jeebus and still work out their mind and body with a martial art... as to getting into a conflict though thats where I guess you would seperate the real religious folks from the posers. As far as I am concerned I wouldnt be intrested in going to a class where they pray as part of their regiment (pray to a christian god anyhow... I mean Cuthlu is one thing but Jeebus I just dont feel comfortable praying to...) I go to class under the pretence that I am willing to fight... and that is not the same moral stance which would embrace the christian fiber of belief in regard to harming another person in combat. Oddly enough there are pleanty of pretty religous folks in the military where they are trained to KILL... and isnt that a big no no? God is now more often then not taken in someones heart only if it suits them, their motives, their dogma.

besides... God sucks.

loosey.
    Last edited by looseyfur; 11/05/2004 11:09am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2004 1:05pm

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

Isaiah 2:2-4

In theory, Christianity IS pacifist (Judaism too, seeing as how Isaiah is part of the "Real Bible" to them). In practice however... well ask the Turks circa 1100 CE about that "turn the other cheek" thing. Gotta love a corrupt Pope.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    11/05/2004 2:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God's alright. Furries can **** off.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2004 2:45pm

Style: www.sssfighting.com

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    amen.

can I get an amen.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011