Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2004 1:33pm

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats Nightstrike youre moving up the food chain splendidly.

Posted On:
    10/29/2004 3:59pm

Style: Knife-jitsu o=]==>

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember my first comp sparring. He was shorter than me, so I got 3 hammer fists to his head in and won.

Posted On:
    10/29/2004 5:14pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol Reikon, nice.
    Well yeah, I wasn't aloud to kick to the head, but I gave er hell, and why wouldn't thai style kicks be aloud?
    its just gotta be to the chest protector thats all...(not sure though, but wouldn't seem why)
    Beleive me, i was sore after(when I was backing up just underblocking those kicks,also prooves they work, you just got to do them right, IE, don't block with your wrists like I did!), and I bet he was too.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin69
    I remember my first tourny, the beating I got was very enlightening.
    I'm glad you guys enlightened me so I didn't have to be at the tournament.

Posted On:
    10/29/2004 5:23pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, I think I know what you mean, when I got knocked down I got right back up again though.

Posted On:
    10/29/2004 5:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congratulations Nightstrike.

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    10/29/2004 6:00pm

Style: Pimpin/Tango-thanks Xango

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats!!!
    And don't worry about the lack of sleep. First time, I almost didn't sleep.
    Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Posted On:
    10/29/2004 6:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Im not talking about getting knocked down, but those fools who walk into backside kicks and the like and get knocked the **** OUT.
    Ow.

I thought you were supposed to keep your hands up?

Posted On:
    10/29/2004 6:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstrike
    Lol Reikon, nice.
    Well yeah, I wasn't aloud to kick to the head, but I gave er hell, and why wouldn't thai style kicks be aloud?
    its just gotta be to the chest protector thats all...(not sure though, but wouldn't seem why)
    Beleive me, i was sore after(when I was backing up just underblocking those kicks,also prooves they work, you just got to do them right, IE, don't block with your wrists like I did!), and I bet he was too.
    I don't think I could kick to the head, or punch the face. It was punching only to the top/side of the head.

I think it's because Thai style kicks are to the thigh/knee and could damage something if used improperly. The pads we wore wovered our wrists so i dont' think it woulda hurt much, however i got round housed in the thigh, like a smack...damn that stung. (I had like an uber light weight gi on)

Congrats man! Tell us how you do next time :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2004 6:57pm

Style: Style is Meaningless

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Im not talking about getting knocked down, but those fools who walk into backside kicks and the like and get knocked the **** OUT.
    I used to do WTF tkd and walked into plenty of back kicks to the head, chest, solar plexus, abbs, nose, ect. I didn't get knocked out. I didn't get knocked down either. Blocking several backkicks with the same upper arm in the same place can get painful though, like a good 20-30 minute game of 6 inches. The instructor had a saying though, "The first time you walk into a back kick you get up right back up. The second time you are slow getting up. The third time you don't get back up." I usually got hit chasing people out of the ring which generally happened every 15-20 seconds making me wish we fought in a boxing ring to hold them in place while I beat them up. The hogo does pad a bit but its still not that hard to wind someone with even a good front leg roundhouse to the ribs. (At least I can do it having also beaten a 2x national tkd champ at my first wtf tournament, I don't do TKD anymore though 'cause I want to learn MT or boxing or BJJ)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2004 7:00pm

Style: Style is Meaningless

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And one more thing, I used to get side kicked to the thigh sometimes. I doesn't really hurt much. A lot less than the time I dropped a 155 lbs barbell accidentally during an olympic lift on my thigh from several feet in the air and that didn't bruise my skin but my leg was a little sore.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast