Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    2/04/2003 10:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blade,

My style is hsing yi related, but the application is not so similar to the clips from that site. The goals are different. We're not going all fancy with applications, simplicity is pretty important. The power generation does come from hsing yi, though.

KFDW,

I think it is the fault of some of the trappings surrounding kung fu. The whole master thing is useless. It serves no good purpose. Teachers who don't make their students live in the real world are also part of the problem. And, of course, commercial sell outs, but in most cases, these schmucks aren't really selling out, because they never worked like real fighters to have anything to sell out.

As for the styles fault, I will not go too far on that one, but there are some styles that I think have so sytematized themselves as form factories that they are mostly a waste of time for the serious kung fu fighter.

I just think it's unrealistic to say that no styles are inneffective. Everything isn't equal.

Posted On:
    2/04/2003 12:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    H-sing, yeah thats it. Way to express your vast knowledge, blade.
    Thank you, I've learnt a lot about Kung Fu in th epast months :P

ok KC.

"I just think it's unrealistic to say that no styles are inneffective. Everything isn't equal." true.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2003 12:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess nobody on this forum has any reason to believe me, but I've got to say this anyway.

This fat, slobbery, stiff-armed guy is not representative of a good wing chun fighter. In fact, from his (very brief) stay in the ring, I doubt he's had more than a month worth of lessons, and not very good lessons at that.

For that matter, although even wing chun at its best doesn't LOOK all that great, nothing on this site is representative of what wing chun looks like in application (perhaps maybe a clip or two by Emin Botzepe is OK in a choreographed way). Still, like grappling, to the untrained eye, wing chun doesn't look like much.

At our school, we've proven (to our own satisfaction, anyway -- and, in the end, that's what really matters to us) that wing chun is a wonderful method of quickly ending a bar or street brawl in your own favor. That's not the point of this post, though; the point is, don't mistake this slow-witted, out-of-shape guy for one of us. Please. It's embarassing.

Posted On:
    2/06/2003 6:18am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "wing chun doesn't look like much." - That's not true at all, infact in my opinion it looks good: - fast and fluently moving etc.

"This fat, slobbery, stiff-armed guy is not representative of a good wing chun fighter." - The Wrestlers of roughly the same build wasn't representative of wrestling or sub fighting either then, as he wasn't in the best of conditions.

"perhaps maybe a clip or two by Emin Botzepe is OK in a choreographed way)." - would you like to quote which clips please? :)

"don't mistake this slow-witted, out-of-shape guy for one of us. Please. It's embarassing." I'm not, and I don't think anyone is. It's just another example of how wrestling/sport fighting can beat KF - obviously that doesn't mean all KF practitioners are the same, visa versa these videos NEVER show the best example, not even above AVERAGE examples of sport fighting/ wrestling/Sub.Fighting etc. people.

Edited by - blade windu on February 06 2003 05:23:31

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Titan

Posted On:
    2/06/2003 6:53am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >wing chun is a wonderful method of quickly ending a bar or street brawl in your own favor.

I'm sure it can be, the only thing that gets me is when people insist that WC is all they need for self defence. IMO this attitude is very, very closed minded.

I'm sure you don't have that attitude, but I have met people who do.

----------------------------------------------------------
    The story of a woman on the morning of a war,
    Remind me if you will exactly what we're fighting for.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2003 1:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is your WT class next week Blade Windu?

Maybe try this place out if you are nearby?

http://www.geocities.com/zchaw18/

Edited by - guest on February 07 2003 08:55:20

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    2/06/2003 5:17pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That pink elephant freaks me out.

Why is there a pink elephant there?
    What is its hidden meaning?

For some reason, I feel the answer to many of lifes mysteries are locked somewhere in this puzzle.

--------
    What would happen if a one hand clapper attempted to stop a tree falling in the woods when no one else was around?
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2003 6:22pm

Style: escrima, wc

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol, fingerormoon i thought the same thing too.

Posted On:
    2/07/2003 3:01pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok guest...also looking at that other place, the one relating your organisation..

Posted On:
    2/07/2003 7:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That Pink Elephant is probably even more freaky if you were on drugs. Yeeeech!

PEACE!
    Ghost of Charles Dickens
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920