Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/27/2004 7:15pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey I know that guy and girl on the left. They have all these GI JANE workout stuff and resistance band training I've seen in MA catalogs.

Doesn't one of our forum members go there?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    10/27/2004 8:44pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train at POW Kickboxing.

I'd like to hear how you think it's a McDojo when one of Rickson Gracie's senior students is the BJJ instructor, one co-owner is a manager for a professional boxer, and the other owner is one of the most capable boxing instructors around.

They don't even advertise the fact that the female co-owner and one of the visiting instructors were Mortal Kombat characters in the games and the movies.

-EDIT-

As for a place for picking up chicks, there are some undeniably beautiful women there, and a lot of them have those.... I dunno, they're like skintight sweatpants usually grey in color? And they are in SHAPE.
    Last edited by Judah Maccabee; 10/27/2004 8:47pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2004 8:55pm

Style: bjj and hitting stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First thing that jumped out at me is the website has many attractive people and they are trying to market the place to people who want to be in shape while learning a MA, not just your typical UFC watching MMA guy.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/27/2004 8:59pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai_steve
    I train at POW Kickboxing.

I'd like to hear how you think it's a McDojo when one of Rickson Gracie's senior students is the BJJ instructor, one co-owner is a manager for a professional boxer, and the other owner is one of the most capable boxing instructors around.

They don't even advertise the fact that the female co-owner and one of the visiting instructors were Mortal Kombat characters in the games and the movies.

-EDIT-

As for a place for picking up chicks, there are some undeniably beautiful women there, and a lot of them have those.... I dunno, they're like skintight sweatpants usually grey in color? And they are in SHAPE.

Do you even know what a Mcdojo is? Don't confuse it with bullshido dude. I can name 3 legit schools that are Mcdojo's but have some pretty good fighters coming out of them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2004 9:00pm

Style: Karate/Kempo/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pics we want pics.....

Posted On:
    10/27/2004 9:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've trained at their northern facility and their main one for over a year, in the middle of my second year. I'd be happy to answer questions about it.

It has some McDojo practices (annual contracts, but with negotiable rates), but you WILL learn how to fight and take hits. For example, the instructors smack you silly with the focus mitts if you don't dodge or block well, and constantly tells the mitt-holders to smack harder because "what you deal with in a real situation is going to hurt a hell of a lot more than getting slapped with a leather mitt."

As for the DJ, we don't have a DJ, I'm guessing they had some sort of social event there at the facility. We do have a good sound-system though. :)

Posted On:
    10/27/2004 9:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To omega: You'll have to enlighten me a bit. I got the impression that a McDojo was a school that taught Bullshido to its students.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/27/2004 9:04pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OH and to why I say it's a Mcdojo;
    G.I. JABB Kickboxing Boot Camp
    This circuit training class features sport specific stations that are super-setted with high intensity kickboxing combinations. Each station represents a skill integral to the martial arts and boxing. Wraps required see our store.

Yoga Ball
    This class uses the resist-a-ball as a tool to enhance basic yoga poses. Incorporated into this class are a series of ball exercises that improve core strength and balance. The integration of the ball to yoga brings a unique athletic component to the class. The class format varies depending on the level of experience of its participants.

Hip Hop Kung Fu
    This highly stylized class takes Chinese Kung Fu and hip hops it out! This class is a cross between Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and the Madonna Drowned tour. In effort to make my students learn kung fu with an urban hip twist, I began teaching kung fu moves in a choreographed routine. Since there were so many moves and sequences they needed to learn, I pieced them together with a hip hop attitude so they forgot how challenging they were to learn. Hip Hop fighting looks like a fight scene in a music video. This is a specialty class that is featured in the events calendar.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2004 9:06pm

Style: bjj and hitting stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never would've quit kung fu if what I would've been taking was hip hop kung fu :(

What kinda rates do they charge there? - it looks expensive and contract heavy. (I'm just assuming they don't have rates on the site so I didnt check...read: lazy)

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/27/2004 9:10pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai_steve
    To omega: You'll have to enlighten me a bit. I got the impression that a McDojo was a school that taught Bullshido to its students.
    A Mcdojo can be a school that operates many watered down programs in order to run and is usually money orientated. Most successful schools have to go this route just to have some legit programs. Other signs are 5 year old blackbelts, blackbelt clubs, exoberant fees, 20 different belts with mega fees for test, different colored shirts and outfits dependent upon your skill level (eh). Bullshido is teaching crap and making your students believe its real.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast