• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2002 6:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought I'd relay this news story I received. It doesn't point out any McDojo type of thing, but it does show the level of regard some people show certain martial artists, especially Phrost's favorite... Ninjas.

Two men accused of dressing up like Ninjas and threatening motorists as they drove along Interstate 75 said Thursday that police overacted.

Detroit police received a 911 call around 8 p.m. Wednesday from a truck driver who claimed that he saw the two men in their Ninja outfits in a car driving along I-75 in Detroit. He told police that the men were pointing a gun at other cars.

Police caught the men on surveillance video from a squad car.

"You have two people out in broad daylight in full ninja suits, who you believe have a firearm in the vehicle, and the passenger appeared to be waving out the car at us when we were behind them," Michigan State Police Trooper Gonyeau said.

Michigan State Police and Detroit Police were able to pull the men over, surrounding the vehicle and forced them out at gunpoint. The freeway was closed while police investigated.

The two men -- ages 20 and 21 -- are from Gaylord. They told Local 4 Thursday that they were martial arts buffs and had just purchased about $230 in ninja gear. The men said they were on headed downriver to show their outfits to family members, the station reported.

The men said that they had a martial arts sword that one of them played around with in the car, but no gun was found. The men accused police of overreacting.

Police arrested the men, but they were later released. They will not face charges, the station reported.
    They really should be charged with being a bunch of hard ons, but what can you do?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2002 6:46pm

Style: Kung Fu/TKD/MMA n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i agree that the blokes in the car were complete arses, but do the police always react like that in america?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2002 6:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't speak for all of America, but here in Los Angeles they're more likely to blast a bunch of holes in the car and if any one is alive they question them.

Seriously though, you really can't blame the police. They got a call about a bunch of Ninjas waving a gun at cars on the freeway. Some people here will clip police officers without hesitation, so the police reacted with caution and their continued existance on Earth in mind.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2002 11:57am

Style: Kung Fu/TKD/MMA n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    true i dont blame the cops, but to me (being english) it seemed a bit extreme. but i think i prefer the good old british cops. that way i dont get shot at quite so often.