Posted On:
    1/26/2003 2:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ricksitterly
    "special" member

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=11e14c99934a440eaff4153dee3570f7& amp;threadid=19330

01-24-2003

Kung fu techniques with blinding speed

The methods of kung fu speed are very difficult to learn. it takes years actually. However, I've heard that once they are properly understood by the martial artist, one's techniques become faster than ever before. Indeed, it takes more than just intense physical training to reach this level. Aside from the physical, one must undergoe years of mental training, studying the ancient texts, becoming faster as they grasp the very concepts of speed. That is why I'm not going to talk about it in this thread... it is just too much to even begin explaining in one post. Instead, I wanted to share how jiu jitsu can improve your dental hygene.

As I posted yesterday, during an intense physical workout in jiu jitsu, the body's muscles can be stimulated to a point of sporadic contractions. As grappling stresses all of the muscles in the body, this includes the muscles in the mouth. Indeed, the very muscles that surround the teeth, including the tongue and cheek muscle structures, spasm in a cleaning motion during an intense grappling workout. The tissue reaches deep into hard to reach spaces (that are usually unreachable for a toothbrush), and removes plaque and small food particles that are stuck in the teeth. If you'll notice, most professional grapplers have very bright smiles. As a test, I quit brushing for a period of 3 months. As a substitution, I added 4 hours a week into my existing grappling schedule. Not only did my teeth become whiter during this period, but after the first week of the experiment people were making comments about how fresh my breath smelled.... an almost winter green aroma.
    I know there are probably going to be a lot of skeptics out there but it really makes perfect sense. How do you think ancient people kept their teeth clean? Toothbrushes and toothpaste havent been around forever, and surely they didnt just let their teeth rot and decay. This is the only logical explaination for why ancient fissilized human skulls are found with so many teeth intact. Early humans must have studied SOME type of grappling art. Most likely it was jiu jitsu.

Now some of you may be tempted to try this "no brushing" experiment, and I would highly recommend it. But remember that you must engage in extremely intense grappling matches in bjj. Grappling in a relaxed state will rot your teeth out if you don't brush them. So in order to avoid brushing, push the muscles to their maximum level of exertion. This will stimulate all the body's muscles, including those surrounding the teeth and gums, and let this phenominal dental occurance start happening. Till next time, i wish you all healthy grappling, and healthy white smiles.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/26/2003 2:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    vamierr

01-24-2003

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=11e14c99934a440eaff4153dee3570f7& amp;threadid=19330

That's amazing. I've been thinking about doing some jiu jitsu for quite some time now, this is just another good reason to start. Do other arts produce this teeth-cleaning action also? Or just grappling?

GunnedDownAtrocity

01-25-2003

none of the post should be taken seriously, but i always thought that peoples used to have better teeth simply because they did not eat all the processed sugars and crap that we do today.

HuangKaiVun

01-25-2003

No, actually this post SHOULD be taken seriously. When one does heavy combative physical exertion in a CONTROLLED setting (as in ju jitsu), it has a positive effect on the health of a person.

In general, the teeth reflect the state of the body. An unhealthy person will have unhealthy teeth, a healthy person will have healthy ones. However, there's no substitute for proper oral hygiene. Even the ancients picked at their teeth in order to remove macroscopic debris.

Blinding speed?

Of the BRAIN, yes.

Of the limbs, only if that's a person's genetic.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/26/2003 2:44pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, there is one advantage I can see for not brushing your teeth, you're sure to win your grappling matches. Given the close proximity of the other wrestler during grappling, your opponent will love nothing better than to get away from you. Kung-fu stylists really make me chuckle. :)

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start

Taking a break

Posted On:
    1/26/2003 7:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kungfoolss - I think the batteries in your sarcasm detector are flat.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2003 2:27pm

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As usual Kungfools... LOL

Remember the time in the 6th grade where you got your ass-kicked by that 80-pound short-kid? Got BJJ?
    <marquee>Thai Boxing: Been kicking your ass since 1949.</marquee>

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2003 2:27pm

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As usual Kungfools... LOL

Remember the time in the 6th grade where you got your ass-kicked by that 80-pound short-kid? Got BJJ?
    <marquee>Thai Boxing: Been kicking your ass since 1949.</marquee>

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    1/28/2003 3:42pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How would that benefit you if you got all of your teeth knocked out by a mean 8 years old boy from poower ranger McDojo? Also I thinks that article is just a hoax. They are probably trying to making people stopping brush their teeth so everyone can make fun of that person. I wonder if that was you, Kungfools.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2003 8:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nine out of ten dentist prefer Ju Jitsu! (Brought to you by the American Dental Association)