Chemist

Posted On:
    10/24/2004 8:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

randori endurance

So I first thought that ne waza was the most physically demanding fighting I had done, that is until I got into tachi waza. In judo we are doing ne waza randori for about 20 minutes followed by tachi waza randori for 20 minutes with about 3-4 minute rounds. Needless to say I am usually spent to the point of heart attack at the end of every practice. I want to start doing some tournaments now that I have a couple months of judo under my belt. On Saturday my instructor told me and another guy that we should start running to get into cardiovascular shape to be able to do a lot of shiai at a tournament. Personally, I hate working out. I don't have the will power to do it anymore. My exercise comes solely from my martial practice. You guys got any suggestions for cardiovascular exercise that doesn't suck ass?
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Posted On:
    10/24/2004 8:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Swimming or biking.

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    10/24/2004 9:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Chop Socky

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bike; my instructors have told me the best way to get fit for randori is randori.
    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn

[This space for rent]

Posted On:
    10/24/2004 9:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get a friend of yours to make you go running, generally its funner to train with someone else. Other then that, and the suggestions already posted by bran and xango, skipping rope is pretty fun (now that I somewhat know how to do it, anyways).

Chemist

Posted On:
    10/24/2004 9:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    randori for randori: that's what I think but unfortunately I can't find someone to do randori with every day of the week
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    10/24/2004 10:09pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Te No Kage!
    randori for randori: that's what I think but unfortunately I can't find someone to do randori with every day of the week
    All I know, is that running/biking etc. is incredibly boring on your own. I'm think swimming might be good for randori because it involves the whole body. But most sorts of exercise that focuses on endurance is insanely boring on your own. At least in my opinion. I guess I'm not helping very much.. erhm...

Buy a copy of Dance Dance Revolution and jump around like a 13 year old girl. That'll get your cardio running :P

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2004 10:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Gongfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am flat-footed, so hate running... echo swimming and biking. Swimming is my favorite exercise in the whole world and I think it has wonderful benefits for MA.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/25/2004 2:04am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got an idea. How about you STFU YOU WHINY OUT OF SHAPE BITCH and go for a couple of Laps. :violent1: You think Kimura became badass by sitting around going, I HATE EXERCISE I'M LAZY WHINE WHINE WHINE!!!!! Get some tunes and pound the pavement. You are NOT going to get better if you don't do some pure cardio work. You don't have to start with a run a brisk walk will do fine for starters. :walk: Now MAN UP BITCH!!! :qright7:
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    10/25/2004 2:19am

Style: Knife-jitsu o=]==>

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how about TKD?

It's pretty physical..

Chemist

Posted On:
    10/25/2004 5:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asia
    I got an idea. How about you STFU YOU WHINY OUT OF SHAPE BITCH and go for a couple of Laps. :violent1: You think Kimura became badass by sitting around going, I HATE EXERCISE I'M LAZY WHINE WHINE WHINE!!!!! Get some tunes and pound the pavement. You are NOT going to get better if you don't do some pure cardio work. You don't have to start with a run a brisk walk will do fine for starters. :walk: Now MAN UP BITCH!!! :qright7:
    :XXbirdman Ya Asia is right as always, I can imagine it would be a lot easier if he was running after me hollerin at me like a drill instructor "why you slowin down bitch?!"

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast