• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 10:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Firstly , when you can shut me the **** up , Ill do it .

Now that were beyond that , takedowns can score , what the hell are you talking about ? It depends on the kind of takedown . You score more cleanly if you remain Upright , or in total control , it depends on the takedown .

Oh , and all takedowns dont have to come from rasslin ! The chinese have a Plethora of their own .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 10:28pm

Style: any

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't see any wing chun or lau gar movements in there. It looked more like sanshou kickboxing curriculum students. Boxing hands, sidekicks and muay thai roundhouses, and some throws.

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 10:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IMO its hard for anydamnedthing to not look like boxing when you have american students with Boxing Gloves on .

Genius

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 10:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Djimbe
    Firstly , when you can shut me the **** up , Ill do it .
    Shut the **** up.

Now that were beyond that , takedowns can score , what the hell are you talking about ? It depends on the kind of takedown .
    Exactly, if it's a wrestling style take-down, it doesn't count.

You score more cleanly if you remain Upright , or in total control , it depends on the takedown .
    Yes, it can't be a wrestling style takedown.

Oh , and all takedowns dont have to come from rasslin ! The chinese have a Plethora of their own .
    Yes, they do, but they don't even come close to being as effective as a wrestling takedown.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 10:40pm

Style: Hung Ga Gung Fu + Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the video was pretty awesome

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 10:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Bullshit, San Da is simply Muay Thai + throws. Wrestling takedowns dont' score points either, so shut the **** up.
    Don't MAKE be post the history of Sanda on your ignorant ass!!!

I haven't watched the clip yet so I have no idea what they were doing on that one but I CAN tell you that Sanda, the professional sport of the PRC has a clear continuous history and development going all the way back at least to the turn of the century give or take a decade. And it has had almost no influence from the Thai's untill very very recently. And EVENTHEN just in the form of friendly rivalry.

The techniques are MOSTLY taken from northern Shaolin and traditional Chinese Shuai jiao.

SanSHOU is a more common term in the west for out own version of the sport. IMHO the western version is pretty fucking amateur compared to what they do in China. This is NOT PRC nutruding either. I'll post the pics if you want.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 10:49pm

Style: any

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actually I heard the government ised western boxing and other foreign styles as part of the curriculum. They looked at all the national styles plus foreign styles to include in the curriculum and they mostly used boxing mix with tae kwon do. But coaches come up with the most effective curriculums. And yes I'd like for you to ost the history of san shou for us.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 10:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thaiboxer, San Shou translated into English is "Free Sparring", and nothing else.

Black Taoist competes in San Shou mainly. I guess he fights like a thai boxer? Wrong.

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 10:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shut the **** up.
    Im still talking , slappy ! See how well that works ?

I live in Allentown , PA . Any time you wish to try and STOP me , Youre more than welcome to swing by ! Ill provide you with the rest of the Info that you need to meet up .

Get over yourself , or stop posting on the internet . No one is going to shut up because you tell them to .

As to the ACTUAL DISCOURSE ...

Supexes get scores as long as the Opponent touches Cleanly and first .

Firemans get Scores .

Ankle Picks get scores .

Single Legs get scores .

Double Legs get scores .

Ive scored with each of these moves , and they are both in Taijiquan and Wrestling .

You can score with a "Whizzer"/Armdrag combo if you land on top of the other guy , as well .

Hell , you can WIN by Submission if youre Fast enough . You DO get 5 seconds on the Ground . But this means that you have to pretty much go to the ground with the hold on , or at the least going into it . NTM that its pretty hard with Boxing gloves on .

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 11:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Chop Socky

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This clip is ANCIENT! Hell, I got flamed for posting it when I first joined the board, because it had been posted before.

Also, Thaiboxerken is a wanker. I'll prove it: what martial art does that takedown where he grabs the leg and kicks out the other leg to put the guy on his face come from? Cause it sure as **** ain't muay thai, or wrestling. What, you have a fucking patent on fighting now?
    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast