10/22/2004 9:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

San Da , anyone ?

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 9:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh , Practitioners from a Lau Gar/Wing Chun school .

Genius

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 9:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Christmas isn't for a couple months, let's not talk about San Da Clause.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 9:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice clip. They were a little kicky, but some excellent sacrifice throws in there. Kind of makes me wonder why people on the "Kung Fu" boards are so dead-set against grappling and groundfighting...yet they hold up Sanda as some sort of mystical non-MMA, MMA. Suplexes, double and single legs, lateral body-lifts....They work.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Genius

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 9:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, the takedowns that they use in San Da are limitted to throws. You can't shoot in like a wrestler. It's my opinion that San Da is simply China's answer to Muay Thai. They train in Muay Thai, toss a couple takedowns in it and call it their own martial art that's been around for "thousands of years".
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 9:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who cares about the "lineage"? That works. Yes, obviously groundfighting is called for. And no, I don't think their striking was up to the top levels of competitive Muay Thai, but we don't know what level these guys are on.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 9:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wastrel
    Who cares about the "lineage"? That works. Yes, obviously groundfighting is called for. And no, I don't think their striking was up to the top levels of competitive Muay Thai, but we don't know what level these guys are on.

Its just random kids from this one random school . They are the most "Amateurish" of amateurs . Just regular guys that take "Kung Fu Classes" .

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 9:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And there you go.

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 10:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Well, the takedowns that they use in San Da are limitted to throws. You can't shoot in like a wrestler.
    Firstly , you very well CAN shoot in like a Wrestler , there is nothign in the rules disallowing it , and the People that play San Da that come from certain Tai Chi schools do it all the time . Its just that Wing Chun dosent have a lot of Shots in it - or much in the way of Low Postures at ALL for that matter - and thats what these guys train .

It's my opinion that San Da is simply China's answer to Muay Thai. They train in Muay Thai, toss a couple takedowns in it and call it their own martial art that's been around for "thousands of years".
    Well , thank GOODNESS that its not really a matter of opinion !

San Da/San Shou are Rulesets , not Martial Arts . They never WERE Martial Arts , and even the "King Of San Da Tournament" winners that all went to fact the Thai were all from different systems . Some were Taijiwuan , some Xingyi , some Long Fist , etc. . What you can do is dictated by the Rules and Equipment , but by NO means is a San Shou fight some sort of Muay Thai derivative . In fact , its so totally unrelated to ANYTHING that the Thai do that its rediculous ! Just like in an MMA Match one Fighter can be Wrestling and the other BJJ , in a San Da match one can be Lau Gar , and the other Wing Chun . Or Bloody Taekwondo for that matter .

***Edit***
    Fixed Critical word that reversed key sentance meaning.
    Last edited by Djimbe; 10/22/2004 10:08pm at .

Genius

Posted On:
    10/22/2004 10:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In fact , its so totally unrelated to ANYTHING that the Thai do that its rediculous !
    Bullshit, San Da is simply Muay Thai + throws. Wrestling takedowns dont' score points either, so shut the **** up.
Page 1 of 58 1 23451151 ... LastLast