Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2006 11:48pm

Style: Tsd,fencng,jkd,kali,silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you keep a consistent diet of donuts, milk shakes, and lard and beans, and do no exercise at all for at least 6 months. You can thicken your wrists. This man succesfully achieved thick wrists:

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 1:45am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My dad said he was always small boned when he was growing up, but now it doesn't look like it. Do your bones just naturally get bigger as you age (up until a certain point, of course)?

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 2:00am

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The latest craze is silicone wrist implants (they look and feel just like the real thing!)

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 2:10am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    9/10 Aikidoka can't tell the difference.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 3:12am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    I once heard that people with thin/skinny wrists are genetically weaker than those with naturally thick wirsts ? Any truth in that ?
    depends what you mean by "weaker"

in terms of pure strength, wrist size is a good indicator of your body type (meso, ecto, endo) although not the only indicator. so yeah. thick wrists mostly belong to the meso/endo side of things. and no, you cant change your bone size once youve stopped growing, not naturally anyway.

as for being "genetically weaker" its more like genetically different. all body types have there purpose. except those fat fuckin american women!

Prophet of Apathy

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 7:57am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually you can thicken your wrists to an extent. It just takes a lot longer and is less noticeable than areas with a lot of muscle.

Ligaments and tendons will hypertrophy (get bigger) to an extent with resistance exercise, but it takes many years of training. Even bones will get thicker - at the points where the tendons attach there will be some increase in bone development with long term resistance training. Bone is constantly remodelling itself and will respond to stimulus quite readily. Astronauts have significant decrease in bone density when they're in zero grav for relatively short periods.

I can't remember the exact figures off the top of my head but you're looking at at least 3-5 years of hard work before you'll see any results though.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 8:01am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my dad has been a sparkie most his life (the guys that use the really small spanners) and has mega strong wrists. he might be an old fart who bruises easily now (have to use a phonebook these days) but he makes me look like a limp wristed dandy :/

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 8:02am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you guys ever shook hands with a piano player? Those mofos have a grip and wrist strenght that can qualify as teh d34dl3y. The ones I've shook hands with were lanky, ectomorph individuals that could bring most people to their knees with their grips.

We can't change bone size/thickness, but we can make them stronger/denser by developing stronger muscle tissue. Bone is a living tissue, and as such it can re-generate or deteriorate as a response to exercise or lack thereof.

Bones are just a part of the equation; muscle and connective tissue are also part of it. In fact, past a certain point in muscular development, they are the main factors behind strenght, endurance and power.

Being an ectomorph myself, I find it to be more of a blessing than a curse. I'd certainly would like to be a mesomorph meat-cake, but I can remain lean all year round without any problem. The downside if that I can lose muscle mass easier than I can throw a fart.

The worst thing of being an ectomorph is my girly wrists. But than be overcome by doing grip, wrist and forearm strenghtening exercises.

It may be futile for an ectomorph to become a muscle cake, BUT that shouldn't stop him from increasing his strenght and powah.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 8:31am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    I don't know about people like you (i.e. me), but you definately should.
    totally uncalled for, meanie

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    8/09/2006 10:31pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    ... The downside if that I can lose muscle mass easier than I can throw a fart.
    Hahahahahah, fucking classic.
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast