Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 11:06am

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Plus you cant win advanced and expert unless you have skills."

And the majority of TSK competitors are in neither of these divisions. If you break down the total point stat down into average point contribution per competitor, and compare it to that of ATT, Renzo's, and so on, you come to the not-so-shocking conclusion that TSK has that point total due to having a higher regular volume of participants, higher than every other NY area school.

As far as Tiger's karate, remember he was preaching quite a different tune in terms of techniques as early as 6-7 years ago, still his traditionalist oriented program - and talking smack about MMA. Then came more MMA to the area... and getting his elbow popped by Rodrigo Gracie ("oh but I didnt tap, I'm a real warrior!"), and so on. Wow suddenly the exalted karate of Tiger's program suddenly starts including.... Muay Thai? Submission fighting?

Tiger has had more than a decade of shady background, including problems with the attorney general for illegal contracts, telling his students he was trained in BJJ by the Gracies, and so on. And then making a big stink at NAGA and pulling all his students. He and his chain have legitimately earned the right to have people be skeptical.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2004 9:30pm

Style: BJJ and MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been at almost every NAGA and GQ in the NE for the last 3 years.

TSK shows up with easily over 100 ppl in every tournament. You get points for each person that registers. That is why they have the most points. The same reason Renzo used to win, because Renzo, Matt Serra, Rodrigo, Ricardo Almeda and ground control all combine their school uner one name.

Bringing hundreds of ppl to each event doesn't make you the best school.

And owning MMA you've got to be kidding. When I see someone from TSK fight Eddie Alverez, Jordan Pergola, Jay Herion, Lauzon or any of the other solid local competition I'll begin to believe.

Until then they're unproven. I honestly can't say I'm been impressed by any of them aside from D'Auguste and Garcia.

Posted On:
    11/06/2004 9:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Berserk411 - Who would you rank as the top three teams (based upon quality of fighters) in our area?

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    11/06/2004 11:33pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Berserk, all the results for Reality Fighting etc are on the web. Can you name an instance for us where a TSK fighter has been "protected"? Can you name ANY other school with as many wins in kickboxing, boxing, MMA, submission wrestling? Because I sure as hell cant.

Plus I REALLY want to know who it was that was asked to teach them. I REALLY REALLY want to know because I think thats a total lie. I know alot of the guys from your school and a couple used to tell me that "they have a brazillian teaching them, we're not sure who yet" and this was NEVER true, I just felt bad about telling them. Schulmann learned from John Lewis and his team is coached in wrestling by by Rick Dellagatta(sp?).

And Arclight is TOTALLY full of ****. Theres just no nice way to say it. I think almost everything he said was false.

As far as Tiger's karate, remember he was preaching quite a different tune in terms of techniques as early as 6-7 years ago, still his traditionalist oriented program - and talking smack about MMA.
    Bullshit.

Not that you'd know any better because your from Texas and theres NO TSK schools anywhere NEAR you. I worked for them and taught for them during the time frame you mentioned. Schulmann NEVER talked smack about MMA. The SECOND UFC 1 came about he said THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE TO BECOME. From the very first moment, before most people even KNEW what MMA was, he jumped on it and stated working the techniques.

Then came more MMA to the area... and getting his elbow popped by Rodrigo Gracie ("oh but I didnt tap, I'm a real warrior!"), and so on.
    This actually could be true although I never heard it. Who exactly is the person who told you this? Even if it IS true getting armbarred by Rodrigo isn't exaclty something to be ashamed of is it?

Wow suddenly the exalted karate of Tiger's program suddenly starts including.... Muay Thai? Submission fighting?
    Like EVERYONE ELSE...dummy.

Yes! What a SCUMBAG for improving his system and allowing his students access to more techniques! BASTARD! ....hey, would that be anything like Renzo adding kickboxing and boxing to his "deadly" BJJ? Why I think it would!
    Last edited by PeedeeShaolin; 11/06/2004 11:43pm at .
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    11/06/2004 11:39pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His plan for world domination is deliciously evil.

Stallowned!

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 2:47am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeedeeShaolin
    Team TSK was recently ranked #1 in the nation by RANKED on mma.tv.

The rankings have alot ot do with the NAGA and over 100 submission grappling events. Team TSK placed 1st with 175 points over team Renzo Gracie(150 points) and American Top Team(147).

The RANKED list can be seen at mma.tv here:

http://www.mma.tv/RANKED/index.cfm?a...ms&Season=2004

Congrats to team TSK.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 5:21am

Style: BJJ and MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by punchingdummy
    Berserk411 - Who would you rank as the top three teams (based upon quality of fighters) in our area?
    Renzo, Serra, Elite. Rodrigo has benen putting together some solid fighters as of lately. Don't get me wrong, I'm in now way bashing TSK becuase I have friends that train there but some of what PeeDee is saying isn't entirely true or by saying that TSK has the most points in NAGA doesn't mean they have the best school in the country. Just the most point in NAGA tournaments.

And as far as solid MMA camps go I'd have to say that the NE is probably the most lacking region in the US. We have a huge population and some how all the good places to train are in bumblefuck or California. I mean, even Canada hase more MMA places then the NE US and thier population is less then NY's. I've been doing a lot of traveling lately scouting out places to train and am planning on relocating this summer to train full time.

Aside from ppl being protected I guess I phrased that wrong. I should have said that skilled fighters are put up against lesser experienced opponents instead of other skilled figthers to build thier records. I guess thats not a bad thing but seeing someone knock some out of shape guy's head off in 11 seconds doesn't exactly make them awsome (I'm referencing one of my friends fights btw). I mean, there's a handful of guys that fight in reality fighting and Ring of Combat shows that have 0-3 records or even worse.

And PeeDee, I wasn't talking about anyone at Kioto before when I said that.

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 3:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Te(V)plar
    If you're calling bullshit then tell us who IS #1 on RANKED?

That came straight from the website.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Stallowned!

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 3:22pm

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeedeeShaolin
    If you're calling bullshit then tell us who IS #1 on RANKED?

That came straight from the website.
    Yes, but obviously it appears that their ranking method is completely non-indicative of skill level.

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 3:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...in other words nothing you've ever done has led to you being ranked ANYWHERE correct?

Theres a saying that envy is second only to self pity as the most dangerous of human emotions.

Since your in New York you should go train witht their fight team for us and tell us how bad they are. PLEASE do it. I'm sure if I talk to some people I can set it up for you.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast