Page 4 of 4 First 1234

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Little Nine Heaven, Splashing Hands, Chen Tai Chi

Are you guys still wondering if Sifu Richard Baron and James Mcneil are legit? I have been a student at The Temple of Kung Fu for 6 months. Sifu Richard Baron has been teaching me Splashing hands, Chen Tai Chi, and some qui qong (I think i spelled that wrong). I'm not sure if he is legit. I struggle with this doubt on a daily basis. However, i do train hard and can say that Splashing Hands is a hard workout that will get you in really good shape. I haven't used the Splashing hands system in a real practical fight and can't say with absolute certainty that it would work. But i am not sure. Reading the Little Nine Heaven Threads and posts enlighten me to the fact that something is a little fishy regarding Sifu Richard Baron. He believes he can fight anybody and win. He believes MMA is a joke and that Splashing Hands and relaxing can win a MMA fight. He believes wrestling is useless against the shuffles taught in Splashing Hands. He claims you can Shuffle out of a closed guard\half guard and even more ridiculous is the fact that he says he can't get taken down because he would shuffle constantly to avoid takedowns. Sifu Richard Baron is fat and in terrible shape yet he truly believes he has superpowers that he learned from the little nine heaven school. I have never seen him train and am positive he hasn't seriously trained in over 2 years. So I come back to my doubt surrounding the school and arts being taught. It seems to me its almost a cult. He refers to his students as his ninja assassins and they are extremely loyal to him. Alot of the students have training in many other martial arts and truly believe that Splashing Hands is deadly. I sparr with the advanced students and they are good and really powerful. You can even tell which students have done Iron Hand because when they hit you lightly it hurts and sends a jolt through the body. My theory is that perhaps there is something to the arts being taught but Sifu himself needs to seriously get back to training before he stands in front of a class teaching. I believe any qualified martial artist could beat the **** out of him in his current lazy fat state. As for James Mcneil, I have yet to meet him but will soon. I will give you all my thoughts about him once ive met him. I hope people are still curious about the validity of The Temple of Kung Fu. I am in a desperate search for answers and truth. I dont want to waste my time learning a bullshit martial art. Please ask me questions I am probably the most qualified person on this website who will be able to answer most questions regarding this place.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    According to Sifu Richard Baron, yes they practiced for hours with a partner performing these sexual mantras and positions.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunosee00 View Post
    Are you guys still wondering if Sifu Richard Baron and James Mcneil are legit? I have been a student at The Temple of Kung Fu for 6 months. Sifu Richard Baron has been teaching me Splashing hands, Chen Tai Chi, and some qui qong (I think i spelled that wrong). I'm not sure if he is legit. I struggle with this doubt on a daily basis.
    Martial skill is not something you can actually doubt. If you have doubts about what you are learning you are training incorrectly or are being taught nonsense.
    However, i do train hard and can say that Splashing Hands is a hard workout that will get you in really good shape.
    Zumba and Jazzercise are also hard workouts that have gotten more people into shape than people who have heard of Splashing Hands.
    I haven't used the Splashing hands system in a real practical fight and can't say with absolute certainty that it would work. But i am not sure.
    ... see above ...
    Reading the Little Nine Heaven Threads and posts enlighten me to the fact that something is a little fishy regarding Sifu Richard Baron. He believes he can fight anybody and win.
    Without competition or police records you have to assume it is hot air.
    He believes MMA is a joke and that Splashing Hands and relaxing can win a MMA fight. He believes wrestling is useless against the shuffles taught in Splashing Hands.
    Relaxation and conserving your energy is a valid strategy, unfortunately for your instructor it also requires actual technique and practice in an alive enviroment to put it all together.
    He claims you can Shuffle out of a closed guard\half guard and even more ridiculous is the fact that he says he can't get taken down because he would shuffle constantly to avoid takedowns. Sifu Richard Baron is fat and in terrible shape yet he truly believes he has superpowers that he learned from the little nine heaven school. I have never seen him train and am positive he hasn't seriously trained in over 2 years. So I come back to my doubt surrounding the school and arts being taught. It seems to me its almost a cult.
    He should jump in the cage and make some money and really get the name out there so more people can benefit from the Art.
    [quote]He refers to his students as his ninja assassins and they are extremely loyal to him. Alot of the students have training in many other martial arts and truly believe that Splashing Hands is deadly. I sparr with the advanced students and they are good and really powerful. You can even tell which students have done Iron Hand because when they hit you lightly it hurts and sends a jolt through the body.
    [quote]
    Yeah ... stop drinking the coolaid.
    My theory is that perhaps there is something to the arts being taught but Sifu himself needs to seriously get back to training before he stands in front of a class teaching. I believe any qualified martial artist could beat the **** out of him in his current lazy fat state. As for James Mcneil, I have yet to meet him but will soon. I will give you all my thoughts about him once ive met him. I hope people are still curious about the validity of The Temple of Kung Fu. I am in a desperate search for answers and truth. I dont want to waste my time learning a bullshit martial art. Please ask me questions I am probably the most qualified person on this website who will be able to answer most questions regarding this place.
    Do you believe in magic? Do you believe in demons and fairies? Do you believe in crystal healing or tarot cards?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Zheng Manqing/Chen TJQ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My apologies for not adding much to the thread, but if I recall, didnt BSDO already establish that this splashing hand style was basically modified Kenpo?
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=34159&page=22

I recall during my time at DePaul University, (Lincoln Park campus area, this came up at around 2005-6) there was an instructor teaching this style, could be the same guy. I believe there was a live-in student element at that time, but I could be mistaken. One of his students, a guy named Keith kept wanting to spar with groin strikes on the table. Demonstrated whole body techniques a few times, similarly enough to basic Taijiquan (the guy does have Chen style on his list of styles.)
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Style
    Goju Ryu, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know of a student of this school, teaches a big mix of kung fu over manchester way. I think his kung fu is alright personally, but then he's more focused on a lama style, splashing hands and bagua-based shuai jiao. He seems to have distanced himself from some of his former training group though.

Then again I find kung fu interesting, but something i would learn for fun over fighting technique unless it was Sanda

Page 4 of 4 First 1234