Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    10/20/2004 8:15am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Binge eaters are, as are bulimics who do not have opportunities to purge or purge with ineffective means (such as with laxatives).

Posted On:
    10/20/2004 8:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and no, I do not think that those eating disorders fall within those few rare cases.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2004 11:26am

Style: Bjj/kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once you go fat you never go back!!

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/20/2004 11:37am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We all have control over what we lift off our plate and put in our mouths. There are numerous psychological and emotional reasons for having difficulties with this, and many of them are valid. Mental and emotional illness are tough to generalize about.

But obesity is very prevalent in my family (both sides) and my siblings and I all have serious difficulty maintaining a healthy weight. But we do. So it can be done. I think a website that encourages people to give up and demand that their obesity be labeled as a disability is a bad idea. (My opinion...flame if you want.)

As long as a person can actually control their hands; and tell them not to shove that cake into the mouth, that person will always have ultimate responsibility for their weight. Not easy, not really fair for those with slow metabolisms or emotional eating habits. But nothing worth doing is ever easy.

MMMMMMMM.........cake........
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    10/20/2004 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, I may be a bit of a nazi on this issue, but weakness is not to be confused with an actual physical or psychological problem. I do know people die of anorexia, but I do not have sympathies for such people - they decided to live that way, AFAIK. Same with obesity. Of course, it is possible that in some cases the person really has not a choice on the matter, but I do think lack of willpower is to blame in most of those eating disorder cases.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Posted On:
    10/20/2004 11:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fat is the new Thin.

I am working on losing my six pack and getting a KEG !!

More is better !!!

game dog

Posted On:
    10/20/2004 11:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The recipe for losing weight is not a secret: eat less, eat right, train hard. Works nicely unless you have some bizarre metabolic disfunction. If you don't have the willpower to follow the recipe, you deserve what you get.

Accepting fatness as something that just happens to people is counterproductive. And fat people are, generally speaking, ugly.
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    10/20/2004 12:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatdown Richie
    Accepting fatness as something that just happens to people is counterproductive. And fat people are, generally speaking, ugly.
    Yes and yes.

I like food though so oh well.

Posted On:
    10/21/2004 7:43am

Style: Beverly Hills Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fat is the new accepted hate. It's no longer PC to hate others, but us fatties are perfectly fine to hate away. I'm fat, I know I'm fat .. but I AM healthy. Doctors are baffled when my triglycerides, cholesterol, kidney, liver .. all come back HEALTHY. Not 'okay', not 'within acceptable range' .. HEALTHY. If you're under the age of 35, you've no idea what you're talking about, plain and simple. So many m.a.-ists here would be quick to jump on someone dogging a fat relative out in public, yet come on here and dog on them. It IS about taking control over your own life and if that's all there were to life, getting thin, it'd be easy. But when you have responsibilities, a desire to raise good kids, have a happy family, a manicured lawn, clean home ... you don't have time to workout hours a day. This in no way justifies my fatness (which DID come from being a couch potato and eating poorly), but unless you've been there, you've no idea what it's like. ESPECIALLY if you're naturally thin. Dismissing genetics completely is bull, chocking it up 100% to "eating cake" is wrong. And hate, just because it's generally acceptable, is wrong. I've been on a medically supervised diet for 3 months. I lost 40 lbs initially, and have halted for 3 weeks now. The doc has no idea why (thyroid is fine). MANY of you who like to point have your own faults, that you "just can't help", yet since fat is visually there for all to criticize, you're quick to point out THEIR weaknesses instead of looking at your own.

In the case of bullshido alone. If someone you didn't know studied in a McDojo, your own egos wouldn't allow for you to STFU and let them be. They're happy, they don't care what you study but can you keep your mouth shut? **** no, because you need some internal validation that your art is "the best", or that you KNOW sooooo much. College kids are the worst. They think they know so much and everyone else knows so little. They can't stfu, they feel it's so necessary to let everyone know how much they know, and how others know so little. Then they leave college with that attitude, get a job and watch someone who can't even speak in a complete sentence, blow them away on the job skill set. Grads love to say "I have a degree" and their precious egos get ticked when someone with no degree blows them away on the job, or makes more money than they. Life has a funny way of humbling people, and most of you are just a zit waiting to pop on the face of life. Stop acting like you know SO MUCH and start looking at **** you DON'T know.

Posted On:
    10/21/2004 7:48am

Style: Beverly Hills Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Accepting fatness as something that just happens to people is counterproductive.
    Really? What doctorate in medicine do you have to know more than Dr's and genetic scientists that have done research on it?

And fat people are, generally speaking, ugly.
    Dude if that was you in your old avatar with the white jeri curl mullet and twigs for arms, you don't have much room to talk.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast