Posted On:
    10/18/2004 3:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

NYC Throwdown Footage

[edited to add more info and more links]

here is some video from the nyc throwdown on oct 17th. (unfortunately due to a leg injury i was only able to fight using boxing rules.)

bullshido members in attendance: jaychiu, 5FingazofDeath, Raul Perez and me. i also brought stanford and matt from my school (matt was only there for the last hour.)

all sparring was light to medium contact.

5Fingas vs. Jaychiu (grappling)

5Fingaz vs. Raul Perez (grappling)

Raul Perez vs. Ming Loyalist (boxing rules)

Raul Perez vs.5Fingaz (muay thai rules)

jaychiu vs Ming Loyalist (boxing rules)

jaychiu vs, Ming Loyalist 2 (boxing rules)

5Fingaz vs. Stanford (grappling)

5Fingaz vs. Stanford (Muay Thai rules)

Stanford vs. 5Fingaz (Muay Thai rules)

Stanford vs. Raul Perez (Muay Thai rules)

Stanford vs. Raul Perez 2 (MMA rules, but it doesn't go to the ground)

waiting for permission to post 1 more
    Last edited by Ming Loyalist; 10/18/2004 8:04pm at . Reason: additional info added
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 5:27pm

Style: Ryukyu Kempo-Toudi Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL I knew I ate a lot of knees but I didn't know I ate that many LOL Something to work on in the future. Good fight 5Fingas! Next time I promise not to break my ankle on the mat and give you a better match :-)

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 6:09pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RaulPerez_vs_5fingaz.mov - WTF? '30 secs' and then you guys stop? Hahahahahah! Way to have a three minute round! BTW, it would help if you guys explained the clips more.

Was that light contact? Most of the knees looked they were pulled back.

RaulPerez_vs_MingLoyalist.mov - What the flip are these 2:30 rounds? What kind of evenness is that!?!? Why boxing rules btw?

Damn, y'all are boring, where is the entertainment? :D
    Nice to see you guys putting your stuff up.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 6:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    RaulPerez_vs_5fingaz.mov - WTF? '30 secs' and then you guys stop? Hahahahahah! Way to have a three minute round! BTW, it would help if you guys explained the clips more.

Was that light contact? Most of the knees looked they were pulled back.

RaulPerez_vs_MingLoyalist.mov - What the flip are these 2:30 rounds? What kind of evenness is that!?!? Why boxing rules btw?

Damn, y'all are boring, where is the entertainment? :D
    Nice to see you guys putting your stuff up.
    i'll answer all the questions...

1)we had just started using the timer and they were not used to it yet, i don't think they heard me say "30 seconds"

2) light to medium contact

3) we didn't use the timer for that one so that's why it was 2:30, we just decided to stop. the reason for the boxing rules is that the week before i got the crap kicked out of my inner thigh at the boston throwdown, and couldn't bend my leg very much. i still wanted to participate since i was the organizer, so that was what we came up with.

4) i'm about to post some more clips, maybe you will like those better
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 6:18pm

Style: Ryukyu Kempo-Toudi Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I twisted my ankle so we stopped so I could let the pain pass. Not sure if they stopped the timer or reset it. we were just going by the sound of the bell after I regained my composure.

the 2:30 second thing was a mistake by both of us. we thought the bell was the end of the round instead of the 30 seconds left bell. Ming hurt himself last week so he wanted to just box in lieu of hurting his leg again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 6:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so when is the next one? how was the turnout?

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 7:40pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read more here about the turnout.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16926

I would have thought there were more NYC guys, considering how big the city is.
    I was kinda looking for a big post by various people giving 'post-game analysis' like we did the TO McThrowdowns and whenever I train with other bullshido people.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 8:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i just added a bunch more links to the sparring matches.

i agree that we could have had a better turnout, but we are hoping to hold them every month or so, maybe the future ones will have better turnouts. i will post more as details are sorted out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 9:22pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    damn ankle twists hurt like hell hope ya get better dude

Posted On:
    10/19/2004 12:32am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    COOL!

How big is Jay Chui?
    jaychiu_vs_MingLoyalist.mov - Good commenting! :D
    jaychiu_vs_MingLoyalist2.mov - What exactly happened there to Ming? And what are those random beeping noises? Couldn't have found another beeper timer thing? STOP THAT!

5fingaz_vs_stanford.mov - Maybe should have gone for the legs there, then turned around to get in guard?
    5fingaz_vs_stanford2.mov - Pretty decent stand up from my view.
    stanford_vs_5fingaz.mov - Did 5fingaz knee him in the balls?

stanford_vs_RaulPerez.mov - There's the more entertainment! :D
    Good action!
    Raul, it didn't seem like you were setting up your side kicks well enough. I do the flying side kick, and fake a roundhouse, bring my leg to chamber, then side kick from there. See if that helps you, do you do those too?
    Is hip flexibility and issue? I'd say too much lean back on those.

stanford_vs_RaulPerez2.mov - Haha, Raul crossed his feet! :D
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast