Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Amateur Fighter

Posted On:
    10/17/2004 12:53pm

Style: Total Martial Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

training my a$$ off

What's up everyone? Training my ass off right now getting ready for my mma fight November 13th in Norfolk Va. Did full mma training Friday night 7 rounds of 5 minutes with some breaks. Felt good my striking has come along way. Finally getting teh feel for mixing my hands and feet combos together and of course my grappling feels strong. Been using the Bas Rutten workout that thing is insane and i recommend it for sure.

Got an opponent as of right now i'm fighting some guy named Danny Daniels. He owns a school in NC call East Coast Submission Academy. He has done kickboxing Not Muay Thai and some grappling with Frank Shamrock. My guess is he'll be in shape. Should be fun. We are going 2 rounds of 4 minutes.

Later all,
    Brad

Posted On:
    10/17/2004 6:40pm

Style: Im a Lover, not a fighter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks to be his fist fight? I dont see him in the FCFighter database.

Good luck, just make him play your game.

Posted On:
    10/17/2004 6:41pm

Style: Im a Lover, not a fighter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And if he is training ground with Frank at all, he is looking to pound you in rather than submit you. So keep that in mind.

Amateur Fighter

Posted On:
    10/17/2004 6:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's for the tips Joe. You and i from what i've watched of you have very similiar grappling styles. I'm training with alot of ground and pound wrestlers and sweeps to take them out. Should be fun. Good Luck on any upcoming fights you got and congrats on your win against Brown. That was a very nice bump sweep.

Brad Souders

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 1:49pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Souders
    What's up everyone? Training my ass off right now getting ready for my mma fight November 13th in Norfolk Va. Did full mma training Friday night 7 rounds of 5 minutes with some breaks. Felt good my striking has come along way. Finally getting teh feel for mixing my hands and feet combos together and of course my grappling feels strong. Been using the Bas Rutten workout that thing is insane and i recommend it for sure.

Got an opponent as of right now i'm fighting some guy named Danny Daniels. He owns a school in NC call East Coast Submission Academy. He has done kickboxing Not Muay Thai and some grappling with Frank Shamrock. My guess is he'll be in shape. Should be fun. We are going 2 rounds of 4 minutes.

Later all,
    Brad
    :XXbazooka

I haven't heard of the guy. Grappling with Frank Shamrock might not mean much. I've hear of guys who "trained" with so and so meaning they attended a seminar and such. With all do respect do you think you might be pushing the envelope on this one considering the rounds will only be 2 for 4 minutes. I've found that in training if you pace yourself for longer fights you'll tend to be slower in the beginning. I don't know your initial strategy but in shorter fights you have to gain dominance quickly you don't have the luxury of comebacks in later rounds.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 4:11pm

Style: shido/ streetfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    :XXbazooka

I haven't heard of the guy. Grappling with Frank Shamrock might not mean much. I've hear of guys who "trained" with so and so meaning they attended a seminar and such. With all do respect do you think you might be pushing the envelope on this one considering the rounds will only be 2 for 4 minutes. I've found that in training if you pace yourself for longer fights you'll tend to be slower in the beginning. I don't know your initial strategy but in shorter fights you have to gain dominance quickly you don't have the luxury of comebacks in later rounds.

word! (everbody is fighting know days mma is coming up.)

what the... what happen to my final fight avatar?

Amateur Fighter

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 4:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I go balls to the walls all these rounds. Also after these rounds we do sudden death first takedown wins and also we go to the first tap. I train longer rounds for muscle endurance because i have a somewhat machine gun type submission style. If i can go 5 or 6 minutes submission crazy then i can go four minutes. And i want to be able to slap on submissions late if need be. Of course if it never hits the ground :) it really won't matter.

Thanks for all the advice guys i basically do what i do for every other event. GO 120% and go for it all. Been working my flying triangle so who knows :)

Later, Brad

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 5:00pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Souders by flying ankle lock!

J/K! Good luck man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 5:14pm

Style: Derek jones

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Souders
    I go balls to the walls all these rounds. Also after these rounds we do sudden death first takedown wins and also we go to the first tap. I train longer rounds for muscle endurance because i have a somewhat machine gun type submission style. If i can go 5 or 6 minutes submission crazy then i can go four minutes. And i want to be able to slap on submissions late if need be. Of course if it never hits the ground :) it really won't matter.

Thanks for all the advice guys i basically do what i do for every other event. GO 120% and go for it all. Been working my flying triangle so who knows :)

Later, Brad
    question from the curious bystander

is that wise.. i mean letting on what techniques you are working on?

Boris
    London

Amateur Fighter

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 5:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :) I doubt this guy probably reads this site. PLus a flying triangle is such a low percentage move i would only use it if he is stunned or tired. It's the great thing about a fight. Two hits and your strategy changes alot ;). Good question though. If this was for the UFC belt i don't think we'd be talking strategy right now lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast