Posted On:
    10/16/2004 1:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by brandeissansoo
    It doesn't sound like they teamed up at all
    What would you call it? They are working together to put on a show called the "Way of the Warrior". It's being marketed as a single show, not three separate demonstrations.

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    10/30/2004 11:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I went to Six Flags Marine World today, and it turned out to be a total bust. I got there around 11 about an hour after the park had opened. As soon as I get through the gate I go to the information both and pick up a map and a flier with the days events on it. No mention of "Martial Arts Day", and sort of demonstration, or anything.

We start walking around the park and see a big sign with "Today's Events" and "Pallen's Martial Art's 2:30-5:30 -->" on it so I figure I can go ride some rides and have a corn dog or two and be back here for the first show. Around 2:15 I head back to the sign and take the path indicated by the arrow. Just as I'm mentioning to my girlfriend how I think it's funny that a demonstartion would be way out here at the back of the park, we turn the corner and run into a private pinic area. This isn't a demonstration, its some sort of family day for Pallen's Martial Arts.

We turn around and head back up the path and I run into a guy wearing a Pallen's T-shirt. I ask him if there were doing a demo today, he said they already did, that it was at 12:30. I told him that the Martial Arts Day demo was one of the reasons why I chose this day to come to the park, and I was sorry I missed it. He told me "Don't be, there were only 6 people there." Performers or spectators, I don't know.

About an hour later something really werid happend. All the power went out in the enitre park. Turns out somebody drove the car off the freeway, hit some power lines, and blacked out half of the city. People were stuck on rides and had to be rescued by manlifts and cherry pickers.

The park staff handled it suprisingly well. Word got spread pretty quickly about what exactly had happened and how they didn't know when things would be working again. The park has a lot of animal shows and attractions, and it seemed like they sent everyone they had to starting doing impromtu shows for the people that decided to stick around.

We stayed for a while, then decided the power wasn't likely to come on anytime soon, so headed for the parking lot. I was pleasently surprised when I was given a free ticket good for anytime next year when I exited the park.

The only bad thing was trying to get out of the parking lot. People were leaving in droves, street lights weren't working no one was directing traffic, and it was complete chaos. People were trying to drive out the entrance, I even say several people drive down the path people were suposed to use to walk from the park to the parking lot. It took literally 2 hours to get out parking lot. The power came back on after about an hour, but I never saw any rides going while we were sitting there in Park waiting for someone, anyone to move so we could move up six inches.

Village of Idiocy Resident

Posted On:
    10/31/2004 5:37am

Style: Dead Lemur Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you havent noticed yet.. the gracies are living out their fame by hording cash.

i also have to say.. since ive been in brasil i have not once heard of the gracies, but ive heard and seen of plenty other vale tudo and bjj fighters that seem to be much more popular here then the gracies.

i also dont find anything the gracies have done as very impressive. but tahts my opinion.

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    10/31/2004 9:38am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    even the gracies gots to git paid, son

Village of Idiocy Resident

Posted On:
    10/31/2004 9:56am

Style: Dead Lemur Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jenfucius.. you a catholic priest or something??
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12