Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/08/2004 1:07pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's not that hard of a line. I've had a 'friend' upon learning more about him, discover how close minded he was about certain things. We haven't hung out in a while, partly for that reason I think. (Incidentally he was/is a RPG nerd, where he and some of his friends play in a fantasy world...)

Quote Originally Posted by WingChun Lawyer
    Dice everywhere, RPG books, a table, chairs, no safety equipment...sparring him there might be cool, but I don´t think so.
    You're missing my point. Also, ever heard the saying 'when there is a will, there is a way?'
    Applicable in your situation if you think about it.

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    11/08/2004 1:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CT, I will not discuss this guy´s personal issues online, sorry. I actually did not fear losing his friendship, I feared hurting his ego and appearing like an asshole to his g/f if I did actually hurt him.

Piz, we do have a place to spar, with tatame mats and so. If we wanted to spar, that would be the place, but we don´t. I cannot see your point.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Posted On:
    11/08/2004 1:35pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WingChun Lawyer
    But last time he sparred, he just stayed there (maybe because his g/f was watching this time, who knows). He just stayed there and got beaten. His opponent didn´t even have the courage to beat him up seriously since he wasn´t reacting at all. It was the most pathetic excuse for a fight I have ever seen, the most he did was to hold his hands close to his face.

When I asked him what happened there, he just made a bunch of excuses.

So yesterday I got there earlier, and my coach talked to me about him. Apparently the guy has been talking quite a bit of crap - not exactly lies, but exaggerations: accoridng to him we sparred very hard every class when we did jujutsu, the jujutsu guys were all bad ass mofos, he did incredibly well in the championships, etc. The coach confessed me he expected the guy to be excellent from what he said, but, as he put it, all he got was damaged goods.

I told him all I knew about my friend´s training, or lack thereof, and it was obvious to me my buddies big mouth was working again.

I don´t really know why I started this thread, I do not intend to do anything about the situation. The guys at the MT gym are very cool people, and I do like my friend, but I feel like I should tell him to shut up and start training more and talking less - althought I believe he won´t listen to me. I certainly don´t want to end up in a bad situation as the guy who´s a friend of the big mouth.

Damn, just wanted to get this off my chest.
    Not being antagonistic here, but I think I missed the part where you said you didn't feel like doing anything.
    I had genuinely thought you would take it upon yourself to open the eyes of your FRIEND, and if that means giving him a few lumps so be it. Well then....uh, I recommend beating up a bit. All **** talkers need their views challenged.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    11/08/2004 2:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Not being antagonistic here, but I think I missed the part where you said you didn't feel like doing anything.
    I had genuinely thought you would take it upon yourself to open the eyes of your FRIEND, and if that means giving him a few lumps so be it. Well then....uh, I recommend beating up a bit. All **** talkers need their views challenged.
    He is my friend alright, but solving his personal problems is beyond my means. I never wanted to spar him to begin with, at least not there, where we spar hard and injuries sometimes happen. Which is why I won´t insist on him coming back to class.

I do try to help him as any friend does, but I would much rather do that by talking to him.

And much as I agree with you that **** talkers need to have their views challenged, I really don´t have the stomach to hurt people who cannot defend themselves properly, even in a "friendly" atmosphere. I have personal issues with that, it seems too much like bullying to me.
    Its great battle lost,
    To a distant post;
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

[This space for rent]

Posted On:
    11/08/2004 2:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a conversation about this in class, bullying is more defined by taking pleasure in the act of beating the crap out weaklings, like Pizd does, that big, mean, ahole bully.
    You'd rather help your friend by talking to him then by beating the crap out of him because people you met on the internet say its the best course of action?
    *****!!!!
    Just kidding of course, you would crush me, even if you are a lawyer.

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    11/08/2004 2:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Tom
    I had a conversation about this in class, bullying is more defined by taking pleasure in the act of beating the crap out weaklings, like Pizd does, that big, mean, ahole bully.
    You'd rather help your friend by talking to him then by beating the crap out of him because people you met on the internet say its the best course of action?
    *****!!!!
    You are right, of course - if I took a kung fu faerie to a dojo and convinced him to spar in order to test his theories against me, and then I beat him until he told me to stop, that would not technically be bullying, and that would certainly help with the bullshido cause. It´s just that I cannot stomach that kind of behaviour.

As for being a *****, well, I´ll beat the hell out of you if you promise not to bring that evil spider of yours. Argh.

(as a matter of fact I am only five foot nine, I bet most people here could beat me, lawyer or not)
    Its great battle lost,
    To a distant post;
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Posted On:
    11/08/2004 2:53pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is 'bullying' depending on how you go about doing it. I see it as, after a while, if you continue to tear him apart then it is unncessary as the person just needs to understand his previous training has only increased the size of his ego, and not the level of his combat skill.

Other than that...I have no further comment. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Tom
    *****!!!!
    Tom, what are you doing out of your locker? Did you remember you had to ask me permission first to go to the bathroom? :)

*Headlock*
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2004 7:26pm

Style: mine

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey wingun , wanna do a throwdown? i am in sampa

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    11/08/2004 11:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WCL,

You are wrong.

I am right.

Nyah.
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    11/09/2004 9:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bait
    hey wingun , wanna do a throwdown? i am in sampa
    Can´t use the word throwdown without Phrost´s permission, but I´ll send you a PM to see if we can work something up.
    Its great battle lost,
    To a distant post;
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345