NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    1/20/2010 12:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyS View Post
    Again, I think the problem is your recollection. It wasn't that he claimed he could eye-gouge me, it was that he could blind me.
    Does this look like it?

Re: re: eye gouging -- my own tales - JKD John 14:14:27 12/13/96 (0)

Unfortunately that post is not archived.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    1/20/2010 5:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No worries War but the main point in my mind is it happened as Johnny said it did in this thread (I have no idea of any other posts); he did tackle Blauer a couple of times, he did get his eyes raked to some degree, not just faked.
    Redcap

Posted On:
    1/20/2010 11:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can guarantee that I would not have posted as JKD John.

There were two sessions for the seminar. The first was psychological and the second was the physical. There was no clear delineation though, because all of a sudden we were doing some stand-up drills and I thought "Oh, I was hoping to leave before this started". So I really don't recall there being any warm-up, let alone an ab workout.

Regarding commentary, I was being used as an "Uke" to show a counter to a tackle, so I went in very slowly and let Tony demonstrate his stuff. Then he asked me to do it more quickly, which I did and took him down. He then asked me to ram him into the wall, so I did another double-leg and took him down, but placed him down gently where he then started to gouge my eyes. I pulled back and he came at me still gouging my eyes so I pulled him into guard and into a triangle. He asked me if I wanted to stop and I told him I was fine so he kept going and I applied the triangle. I started to roll to mount and Anthony Lange stepped in and broke it up.

To reiterate:
    The only commentary was his demonstration of the original technique.
    I didn't blindside him, he invited me to ram him into the wall and obviously didn't like the fact that I could take him down.
    My eye lids were in fact bruised and scratched.
    He said AFTER it was finished that he could have blinded me 6 or 7 times, not during the fight.

Posted On:
    1/21/2010 3:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That would be on the money, as I said before. You can rest assured, JohnnyS, you put the wind up Blauer. He was at the very least adrenalized at the end of it. Ah, Happy Days!
    Redcap

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    1/21/2010 6:51am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyS View Post
    I can guarantee that I would not have posted as JKD John.

There were two sessions for the seminar. The first was psychological and the second was the physical. There was no clear delineation though, because all of a sudden we were doing some stand-up drills and I thought "Oh, I was hoping to leave before this started". So I really don't recall there being any warm-up, let alone an ab workout.

Regarding commentary, I was being used as an "Uke" to show a counter to a tackle, so I went in very slowly and let Tony demonstrate his stuff. Then he asked me to do it more quickly, which I did and took him down. He then asked me to ram him into the wall, so I did another double-leg and took him down, but placed him down gently where he then started to gouge my eyes. I pulled back and he came at me still gouging my eyes so I pulled him into guard and into a triangle. He asked me if I wanted to stop and I told him I was fine so he kept going and I applied the triangle. I started to roll to mount and Anthony Lange stepped in and broke it up.

To reiterate:
    The only commentary was his demonstration of the original technique.
    I didn't blindside him, he invited me to ram him into the wall and obviously didn't like the fact that I could take him down.
    My eye lids were in fact bruised and scratched.
    He said AFTER it was finished that he could have blinded me 6 or 7 times, not during the fight.
    One thing I can NOT do is restrain myself when folks go for my eyes. I (instinctively) punched my (now ex) wife in the face after she accidentally gouged me while play fighting. Pure instinct.

Do you remember which username you used on that forum?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 3:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011