Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/19/2004 10:46am

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaguaZhang
    Did you train with ken Fish at ironbuddha? His hsingi is regarded as being pretty good.
    I did.
    It was VERY bad. No structure to the class, NO conditioning, most instructors (4 out of 5) were overweight, NO sparring at all, a lot of fishing stories (we are t3h deadly, we beat this and that when we were young), instructors talking about cultivating your chi by squeezing your testicles with your thighs...lol, they seem to think you can offballance people with your chi only, without physical contact, they tried on me but I wasn't "receptive"...

I have heard good about KF, he hits hard when he demoes the strikes on you, but I have NEVER seen him do anything even close to live sparring, even half contact. I may be wrong.

And again this was something like 8 years ago, things may have changed.

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

Posted On:
    11/19/2004 10:51am

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra jim
    I remember what it was like back then too Tomas. All of us old schoolers struting around thinking we were the ****...uniforms, patches ,belts ,tournaments,testing , 1 2 and 3 step self defense drills, learning 20 forms,all the money making bullshido. And then it hit us like a front leg tackle,UFC. At first we thought, one strike one kill, kung fu and karate can be sooo deadly, oh how wrong, you stand, you clinch, you grapple, these are the facts. Train in all ranges or you will be defeated.
    You have just bong-sao-ed t3h c0rr3ct.

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

Posted On:
    11/19/2004 2:03pm

Style: wingy chingy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaguaZhang
    GROND:

there's no realistinc training there. only chi sao unless it's drastically changed now since Anthony moved to Cali. Did you train with ken Fish at ironbuddha? His hsingi is regarded as being pretty good.
    I'm not from virginia, I've only visited there once or twice. They do play alot of chi sao, which is good from what I've seen.

But how did you come to be teaching there if you didn't like the school?

Neil

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2004 1:32pm

Style: BAGUA - HSINGI - BOXING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I began teaching because I was selected to do so. After spending more time with Anthony and hoping there would be more advanced fighting concepts it never happened so I moved on. I will say that after studying Bagua/Hsingi my WC is more powerful than it ever was.

I believe that's what most WC lacks....FOR ME....full body coordination and power. Putting the 2 together was the best thing I've done. I'm not trying to change WC or reinvent it just conveying what works for myslef and my body type. I'm sure it's different for others but it worked well for me.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011